Subliminal Talk
Bluetooth Headphones - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Product Discussion (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Product-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Bluetooth Headphones (/Thread-Bluetooth-Headphones)

Bluetooth Headphones - Superman - 07-13-2019

With new phones being released without headphone jacks now, many of us will be forced to listen through the use of bluetooth headphones like airpods and other similar devices.

Has anyone been able to test the effectiveness of subs using bluetooth headphones? I know that while they might meet the requirements for frequency range there is still some data or fidelity loss with bluetooth. I think we should run a test somehow to compare bluetooth to wired headphones.

I know there are a lot of variables to consider like the specific phone,wireless codecs, bluetooth version and the hundreds of headphone options but we have to try to test something. Otherwise we may be wasting our time using these listening methods

Does anyone else agree?

Also ,who else uses bluetooth headphones? Maybe you can post the model/specs and your experience using them to listen to subs.

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - Shannon - 07-14-2019

What happens with Speaker Test?

If it gets too bad, we may have to just use the phone speaker, or some other speaker or even player with a jack.

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - DMSIuser78 - 07-14-2019

(07-13-2019, 07:47 PM)Superman Wrote: With new phones being released without headphone jacks now, many of us will be forced to listen through the use of bluetooth headphones like airpods and other similar devices.

Has anyone been able to test the effectiveness of subs using bluetooth headphones? I know that while they might meet the requirements for frequency range there is still some data or fidelity loss with bluetooth. I think we should run a test somehow to compare bluetooth to wired headphones.

I know there are a lot of variables to consider like the specific phone,wireless codecs, bluetooth version and the hundreds of headphone options but we have to try to test something. Otherwise we may be wasting our time using these listening methods

Does anyone else agree?

Also ,who else uses bluetooth headphones? Maybe you can post the model/specs and your experience using them to listen to subs.

If you get a Lightning (Apple) or USB-C or micro USB (Android, depending on the model) headphone adapter, you can use regular wired headphones, even on phones that don't have a headphone jack.

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - Benjamin - 07-14-2019

Wow, technology is getting crapper if that's the case. Is it only apple? Or others too?

I've still got a Samsung S5 I think and i'm happy with that, i'm not going to waste like $1000 on a new one.

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - Superman - 07-14-2019

(07-14-2019, 03:42 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Wow, technology is getting crapper if that's the case. Is it only apple? Or others too?

I've still got a Samsung S5 I think and i'm happy with that, i'm not going to waste like $1000 on a new one.

All phones are heading in this direction, the new Samsung's don't have headphone Jack's on their high end models. Only the low end models have headphone jacks for now and most manufacturers are moving towards removing it as well.

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - Shannon - 07-15-2019

Whatever the big megacorporations can do to save money and increase profits, they will always do - no matter what the cost to the consumer.

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - almond milk - 07-20-2019

(07-13-2019, 07:47 PM)Superman Wrote: With new phones being released without headphone jacks now, many of us will be forced to listen through the use of bluetooth headphones like airpods and other similar devices.

Does anyone else agree?

I use the AirPods, in the back of my mind I wonder if there is fidelity loss.