Subliminal Talk
Masculinity Training in AM - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Product Discussion (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Product-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Masculinity Training in AM (/Thread-Masculinity-Training-in-AM)

Masculinity Training in AM - StridingStrider - 05-31-2019

I've started reading The Way of Men by Jack Donovan, and he seems to have the best description of masculinity that I've found. He breaks it down into four concepts, called the Tactical Virtues, which men judge other men by (find desirable in other men):
  • Strength
  • Courage
  • Mastery
  • Honour

And he defines that as:

Strength is the ability to exert ones will over oneself, over nature and over other people.

Courage is the will to risk harm in order to benefit oneself or others. In its most basic amoral form, courage is a willingness or passionate desire to fight or hold ground at any cost (gameness, heart, spirit, thumos). In its most developed, civilized and moral form courage is the considered and decisive willingness to risk harm to ensure the success or survival of a group or another person.

Mastery is a man's desire and ability to cultivate and demonstrate proficiency and expertise in technics that aid in the exertion of will over himself, over nature, over women and over other men.

Honour is a concern for one's reputation for strength, courage and mastery within the context of an honour group comprised primarily of other men.

Does AM cover these areas? It seems that Shannons research into being an Alpha Male started before books like this were written, when masculinity was more defined by what women want in men. It would be cool if version 7 incorporated some of these ideas.

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - Nox - 05-31-2019

Masculinity has been known about for a long time. Coming up with a new way to categorize and define it simply gives new ways to work with the issue.

Masculinity simplified is maximizing the positive expression of testosterone based attributes while controlling the process with healthy and mature emotions and thoughts.

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - StridingStrider - 06-01-2019

(05-31-2019, 09:34 PM)Nox Wrote: Masculinity has been known about for a long time. Coming up with a new way to categorize and define it simply gives new ways to work with the issue.

Masculinity simplified is maximizing the positive expression of testosterone based attributes while controlling the process with healthy and mature emotions and thoughts.

I disagree on your first point. Masculinity has always been around, but it has been conflated with whatever agenda people had. I've seen it defined by being a father, a good person, an attractive mate for a women. As far as I'm aware, this is the first book I've seen which takes it back to a hunter gatherer, evolutionary psychology direction.

I'm just wondering out loud if the masculinity programming in AM could be improved, to (perhaps) focus less on women and focus more on developing strong, masculine relationships with other men, or groups of men.

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - Benjamin - 06-01-2019

I used to be into his stuff years ago, his books and blog but I don't like it anymore as I realized the angle he was coming from. Yes it's not about pleasing women, but instead he's talking alot about pleasing men and proving yourself to them, which goes against AM6 as a self sustaining man who isn't trying to prove himself to others, e.g Sigma Male type thing.

Also he seems to be projecting his own fantasy and hate for women. Jack Donovan is gay and absolutely hates women, as I seen from some of his blog posts and his idea is to live out in the wilderness with all these other men and no women. That's pretty much why his stuff has nothing to do with women at all, because he basically just wants to get rid of them from his life.

I do like the idea of focusing on yourself and not trying to impress women though, but not the way he presents it and the reason he presents it. It's difficult to find a balance, these people teaching masculinity are either big poonces who are really feminine and weaken men, or the full on opposite like red pill stuff who really hate women and project that onto everything.

Living completely away from society in some kind of tribe in huts might appeal to some people, and yes I hate alot of the crap going on in society and how men are being attacked. But no way i'd want to go out in the forest and live there.

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - Shannon - 06-02-2019

(06-01-2019, 09:06 AM)StridingStrider Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 09:34 PM)Nox Wrote: Masculinity has been known about for a long time.   Coming up with a new way to categorize and define it simply gives new ways to work with the issue.

I disagree on your first point. Masculinity has always been around, but it has been conflated with whatever agenda people had. I've seen it defined by being a father, a good person, an attractive mate for a women. As far as I'm aware, this is the first book I've seen which takes it back to a hunter gatherer, evolutionary psychology direction.

I'm just wondering out loud if the masculinity programming in AM could be improved, to (perhaps) focus less on women and focus more on developing strong, masculine relationships with other men, or groups of men.

AM6 has the SM lead in, and I believe that putting that in was a mistake, which will be removed in AM7.  But the program itself isn't about women.

There is nothing stopping you from "developing strong, masculine relationships with other men, or groups of men" as a result of using AM6 if that is what you wish to do.  But the whole point of being alpha is to direct yourself, think for yourself, be your own guide.  This program shouldn't be telling you to do that if that isn't right for you.

You seem to want to go the direction of what some call "Alpha 1.0", where AM is taking you in the direction of Ascendant alpha, which some would call "Alpha 2.0".

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - ncbeareatingman - 06-02-2019

(06-02-2019, 05:52 AM)Shannon Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 09:34 PM)Nox Wrote: Masculinity has been known about for a long time.   Coming up with a new way to categorize and define it simply gives new ways to work with the issue.

AM6 has the SM lead in, and I believe that putting that in was a mistake, which will be removed in AM7.  But the program itself isn't about women.

There is nothing stopping you from "developing strong, masculine relationships with other men, or groups of men" as a result of using AM6 if that is what you wish to do.  But the whole point of being alpha is to direct yourself, think for yourself, be your own guide.  This program shouldn't be telling you to do that if that isn't right for you.

You seem to want to go the direction of what some call "Alpha 1.0", where AM is taking you in the direction of Ascendant alpha, which some would call "Alpha 2.0".

With all due Respect Shannon, I think that Alpha Male 7 will  be more like "Alpha 7.0"..definitely a transcend/Ascendant Alpha Program....I think  by the time it comes to building AM7 ,that the advancements will be so ahead of the current technology,that is will nothing short of profound!! Hellafied Advancements in that direction.
I Love the statement 'when Im done with this program you wont need books,to know how to be an Alpha!" something like that....

I actually Have an Older Male/Younger Male connection with a Ascendant Alpha...he has been both a good "Daddy" to me,Mentor,Confidant and damn good friend. I always told him(he's still around thank goodness) Daddy How can I pay you back,give back to you,you've given me so very much to Me(and Other Men,as well)? he simply says "  YOU don't owe , me anything.,but if you want to give back,then just pay it forward" and I have, and continue to do so for the past 20 plus years-that is when and where I can!!
 Transcendent/Ascendant Alpha's in so so so very many ways are worth far more than their weight in Salt/Gold !! I've said to  Him, a number of times, I so want to be'where you are" and he simply says "Keep working at it,you're growing,ect".... He was the one who actually Told Me,woke me up to the fact that I was an Alpha Male,so many years ago. When he did so much made sense,so much made sense,worth repeating.
 Before that I was just being "Me". He's an amazing,right down to the ground,comfortable in his own skin,intuitive,owns his own power and space,Masculine Man!! Has consistent "Hella persepctive on life situations and is able to communicate them,almost instantly!
PS: I"d love to see Alpha Male 7-include a lot of LTU5 stuff,tailored to Alpha-ness of course.

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - Nox - 06-02-2019

Whatever culture or agenda is being lived in,  there have always been masculine men that do as they choose.  Yes, they adapt to the needs of whatever society they are in, but that doesnt mean that masculinity hasnt existed or only existed in some warped version.  I personally have no desire to live like a caveman and i think that people that overemphasize this idea would be served well by becoming more self fulfilling and independent before they decide what myths they choose to believe in as far as evolution and gender roles.

Relationships with men is as useful to a man as relationships with women.  Its all dependent on the person and what they want and/or need.  

I never understood the ideas men come up with about male vs female relationships, which they should build and which they should ignore.  That just seems like a person is trying to build more arbitrary rules.  Men can be just as destructive as women if you don't keep your boundaries healthy.

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - Shannon - 06-02-2019

(06-02-2019, 07:30 AM)ncbeareatingman Wrote:

With all due Respect Shannon, I think that Alpha Male 7 will  be more like "Alpha 7.0"..definitely a transcend/Ascendant Alpha Program....I think  by the time it comes  to building AM7 ,that the advancements will be so ahead of the current technology,that is will  nothing short of profound!! Hellafied Advancements in that direction.
I Love the statement 'when Im done with this program you wont need books,to know how to be an Alpha!" something like that....

I actually Have an Older Male/Younger Male connection with a Ascendant Alpha...he has been both a good "Daddy" to me,Mentor,Confidant and damn good friend. I always told him(he's still around thank goodness) Daddy How can I pay you back,give back to you,you've given me so very much to Me(and Other Men,as well)? he simply says "  YOU don't owe , me anything.,but if you want to give back,then just pay it forward" and I have, and continue to do so for the past 20 plus years-that is when and where I can!!
 Transcendent/Ascendant Alpha's in so so so very many ways are worth far more than their weight in Salt/Gold !! I've said to  Him, a number of times, I so want to be'where you are" and he simply says "Keep working at it,you're growing,ect".... He was the one who actually Told Me,woke me up to the fact that I was an Alpha Male,so many years ago. When he did so much made sense,so much made sense,worth repeating.
 Before that I was just being "Me". He's an amazing,right down to the ground,comfortable in his own skin,intuitive,owns his own power and space,Masculine Man!! Has consistent "Hella persepctive on life situations and is able to communicate them,almost instantly!
PS: I"d love to see Alpha Male 7-include a lot of LTU5 stuff,tailored to Alpha-ness of course.

Ah, but are you willing to pay for it?  If things go the way I think they will and each single stage 6G is $299.95 a copy, then a six stage set is going to be $1,799.70.  If we add in the $1,495.00 for LTU5 (not even taking into account the price increase for a 6G version of LTU), the end price for the set would then be at least $3,294.70 for a copy of the whole set, and this level of complexity would absolutely guarantee that I was forced to create a 6 stage set for AM7.  Are you sure you want me to throw LTU5+ in the mix?  Because I can definitely do that, if you guys have the coin and are willing to spend it.

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - Greenduck - 06-02-2019

(06-02-2019, 11:33 AM)Shannon Wrote:

With all due Respect Shannon, I think that Alpha Male 7 will  be more like "Alpha 7.0"..definitely a transcend/Ascendant Alpha Program....I think  by the time it comes  to building AM7 ,that the advancements will be so ahead of the current technology,that is will  nothing short of profound!! Hellafied Advancements in that direction.

Ah, but are you willing to pay for it?  If things go the way I think they will and each single stage 6G is $299.95 a copy, then a six stage set is going to be $1,799.70.  If we add in the $1,495.00 for LTU5 (not even taking into account the price increase for a 6G version of LTU), the end price for the set would then be at least $3,294.70 for a copy of the whole set, and this level of complexity would absolutely guarantee that I was forced to create a 6 stage set for AM7.  Are you sure you want me to throw LTU5+ in the mix?  Because I can definitely do that, if you guys have the coin and are willing to spend it.

I would personally prefer them in two packages so that LTU can be somewhat a predecessor for AM.

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - Nox - 06-02-2019

This might need a vote.  Depending on what would be going into am7, if ltu went in along with the most recent fear and success modules, if we had decently advanced notice on the release I'd probably be ok with the 3k price tag

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - DavisMind91 - 06-02-2019

If that’s the case then AM7 would likely be the last subliminal any man ever needed. It would be pretty fun to see how the new Ltu components would synchronize with Alpha male training. I mentioned in my journal how in some ways, Ltu 5 seems to be meshing with my Am6 programming from 2 years ago. I like the results so far.

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - StridingStrider - 06-02-2019

All I would say is that I think his book is worth a look when you start developing v7. I'm interested in developing my masculinity as much as possible and I think he presents some good ideas.

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - Shannon - 06-03-2019

Alright. I'll consider that when the time comes.

RE: Masculinity Training in AM - ncbeareatingman - 06-03-2019

Ah, but are you willing to pay for it? In a few words...Hell YES!!