Subliminal Talk
Maximum Learning Speed 5G - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Maximum Learning Speed 5G (/Thread-Maximum-Learning-Speed-5G--7749)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Maximum Learning Speed 5G - wolverine_i_am - 09-13-2016

Both get you speaking. I have used both. However I'd say for German, Pimsleur goes deeper than Michel Thomas does. Cause it goes up to phase 5 now in Pimsleur. Although MT is a little faster pace, but you'll end up a higher level after having done Pimsleur. I agree Pimsleur doesn't explain a lotta things, so I had to figure it out with other resources.

I'm also using pod101, some textbooks for written pracrice, and native speakers for real-time verbal practice.

RE: Maximum Learning Speed 5G - Ampersnd - 09-14-2016

(09-13-2016, 09:39 PM)wolverine_i_am Wrote: Both get you speaking. I have used both. However I'd say for German, Pimsleur goes deeper than Michel Thomas does. Cause it goes up to phase 5 now in Pimsleur. Although MT is a little faster pace, but you'll end up a higher level after having done Pimsleur. I agree Pimsleur doesn't explain a lotta things, so I had to figure it out with other resources.

I'm also using pod101, some textbooks for written pracrice, and native speakers for real-time verbal practice.

In my opinion, Michel Thomas can take you deeper, as it empowers you to mix and match verbs and nouns, and teaches the exceptions on the fly. With this mentality, you can become much more versatile.

I haven't finished anything Pimsleur related; probably just the first few CDs. It wasn't my style. But that's great if it works for you.

Pulled 12 hours of sleep last night Smile
3 hours of Jiu Jitsu + 5G technology + 3 hours sleep the night before does that

RE: Maximum Learning Speed 5G - apollolux - 09-14-2016

(09-13-2016, 06:28 PM)DanAmerson Wrote: #4: I hit an easy E4 today, and even braved the F4 today on unstable ground. My voice teacher tells me that I'll be able to have very comfortable Fs by Christmas (within the next 3 months). This is what I've been waiting for; I'd really like a comfortable F# or G, and then I'd feel comfortable traveling with these abilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QayszcIAc Wink

(09-14-2016, 04:17 PM)apollolux Wrote:
(09-13-2016, 06:28 PM)DanAmerson Wrote: #4: I hit an easy E4 today, and even braved the F4 today on unstable ground. My voice teacher tells me that I'll be able to have very comfortable Fs by Christmas (within the next 3 months). This is what I've been waiting for; I'd really like a comfortable F# or G, and then I'd feel comfortable traveling with these abilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QayszcIAc Wink

I thought that was your way of asking for evidence, but then I realized the point Smile

He was singing a great A♭4, which is one notch above the G4 I was talking about in the comment above.

RE: Maximum Learning Speed 5G - Ampersnd - 09-15-2016

Day 58,

Two days left until I gave myself permission to switch to BASE. Not sure if I want to switch right away; I had doubts about switching, but then I realized that I need to learn how to earn money lol.

Fortunately, finances aren't what is stopping me from buying.

RE: Maximum Learning Speed 5G - Ampersnd - 09-16-2016

Day 59,

Less than 24 hours left until I can switch to BASE. Looking forward to it.

I had a job interview for a bartender; I like how my brain can switch "on" during moments like these, and I become a motor-mouth in all the right ways. This plays into my sixth goal very nicely.

I've been working on daily German and Arabic flashcards; by doing 20 new cards a day, I can get each done in 20-40 minutes. Arabic seems to take longer, given that I need some time to register the letters as well.

RE: Maximum Learning Speed 5G - Ampersnd - 09-17-2016

Day 60,

It seems like I'm done my run!

This sub is a great sub for accomplishing its stated goal, but the stated goal isn't aligned with my purpose right now. This subliminal has had my nose in all sorts of new subjects, but I honestly need to figure out how to earn some money. I have no motivation to get my financial life together, and I consider this a problem.

But, truly, I'm very satisfied with the way I've attacked my goals. I think that this subliminal is fantastic for students, for professionals, or for people who want to learn sundry things in a short amount of time. I'm also very excited that 'Become a Successful Entrepreneur', my next subliminal, incorporates MLS with modules that improve my motivation.

It's now time that I hit the ignition with my money-earning potential.

Here's my final verdict with my initial goals:

#1: German abilities: Completed Michel Thomas' Advanced German, Vocabulary Builder, and am 11% into a 4000 word vocabulary flashcard system. I'm learning 20 new words a day from this flashcard system, which is a very light load to accomplish. I will continue learning from these flashcards until I complete it, which, at this rate, will be accomplished in just over a year. I'll also go back to LingQ to see these words in context.

#2: Arabic Abilities: Finished 4/8 Beginner Michel Thomas CDs. I have yet to look at the Advanced CDs. I will need to do this eventually. I'm doing a 1000 word vocabulary flashcard system, learning 20 a day. I'll use the same approach with Arabic as I will with German (finish CDs, finish flashcards, begin reading)

#2.5 Punjabi Abilities: It honestly seems as though I'll be working on Punjabi so long as I'm employed at my current work. I'm okay with that. If I change jobs, I'll likely lose the auspicious environment for Punjabi, which means that I could finish the 400 word flashcard system, but I'll likely mispronounce all the words; the Text-to-Speech software is very robotic. Likewise, there seems to be little material for Punjabi (though there might be a 'Teach Yourself').

#3: Booklist
The Chronicle of the 20th Century; year 1988 FINISHED
A System of Logic by John Stuart Mill; page 495
A Story of Philosophy by Will Durant; FINISHED

I finished two of three books, which has opened up plenty of my time. The third book (by JS Mill) is something that I can chip away at night, before bed, as I had been doing before running this subliminal. Ironically, I have been reading this book much less while I ran this subliminal.

#4: Singing: I have inconsistency in my voice; anything over a C4 is a crap shot. My work with the singing CDs has created a light 'mixed' coordination with my voice, which I'll need to strengthen before it could apply it to my opera and rock singing.

#5: Focus: I'm generally happy with my increased abilities to focus on my tasks. I'm very excited to see the 'Intense Focus and Concentration' module applies to me.

#6: Recall and Speaking: My recall is as good as it could ever be; I'm not reaching for words or concepts like I used to. I'm very satisfied on this front. I'm excited to see the 'Charisma', 'Communication', and 'Public Speaking' skills.

Wow! I'm happy that I got to run this subliminal. Let's run BASE now!

RE: Maximum Learning Speed 5G - Lucius - 09-18-2016

Congratulations on your completion. I really enjoyed reading this journal - because of this, it's a bit tricky for me to choose between MLS and DMSI for my next sub. Smile