Subliminal Talk

Full Version: SJW Pandering companies insulting their customers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, wanted to get your guys opinions on why this is happening. Seems to be a epidemic at the moment and it keeps on happening a lot now. The main ones I saw this with is Disney (Star wars: The Last Jedi, Marvel comics), Sony (Ghostbuster's 2016), Oceans 8, and now EA (with Battle Field 5). It seems no matter how much companies lose trying to pander to SJWs they keep on trying to do it. When there stuff fails or people offer criticism on their products they start calling their customers racist, sexist, blah, blah, blah, etc. Then they wonder why no one wants to buy their fricken products.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of these universities these business people graduate from are totally infected with SJW non-sense. I can tell you from my recent experience at a regular university that SJWism has practically infected almost all the majors there. So these business men who move up to being associates and upper management think that this is normal a way of thinking and that this is how most people think. Granted, that would excuse the first few times but after a while of trying to inject SJW ideology into stuff then losing money you think they would get the hint.

Also, I think another thing is that since SJWs are such a vocal minority they might think they are actually the majority when they aren't. Of course another thing is that they subscribe to such an ideology themselves. For example, the most recent thing with EA that turned people off from buying Battle Field 5 was the fact that you had a female solider (fight for the British) with a artificial hand, blue face paint, and spiked cricket bat kicking German men's asses on the front lines. When people pointed out that this isn't historically accurate (which is a thing they promised) The main product developer basically told the customers they were "uneducated" and if they "didn't like the way they were going to do it then don't buy it". Also, he mentioned something in an interview that seemed so dumb:

“I have a 13-year-old daughter that when the trailer came out and she saw all the flak, she asked me, ‘Dad, why’s this happening?'” he continued. “She plays Fortnite, and says, ‘I can be a girl in Fortnite. Why are people so upset about this?’ … I just said, ‘You know what? You’re right. This is not ok.’ These are people who are uneducated – they don’t understand that this is a plausible scenario."

He also said that it would be him that would be on the right side of history after this move. Funny, because after it was revealed that Battle Field 5 pre-orders were under 85% he left the company rofl. Guess he was wrong about that statement. Anyway, what do you guys think? Why are all these companies pulling this shit now? Particularly interested in Shannon and Catman's opinions since they run companies.
(08-21-2018, 09:17 PM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]For example, the most recent thing with EA that turned people off from buying Battle Field 5 was the fact that you had a female solider (fight for the British) with a artificial hand, blue face paint, and spiked cricket bat kicking German men's asses on the front lines. When people pointed out that this isn't historically accurate (which is a thing they promised) The main product developer basically told the customers they were "uneducated" and if they "didn't like the way they were going to do it then don't buy it".

While I can find a way to agree with most else of what you're saying, as someone who's actually studied video games I'd like to clarify that the MAIN reason EA turned people off of Battlefield 5 was because of the way they handled Star Wars Battlefield 2 with the nonsense loot boxing and microtransactions bullshit. "Historical inaccuracy" is just a cover-up excuse for both "MRAs" and "gamers," while the real reason for gamers to hate EA is because of their recent and continued business practices that try to take advantage of the gaming public.
(08-22-2018, 03:20 PM)apollolux Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2018, 09:17 PM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]For example, the most recent thing with EA that turned people off from buying Battle Field 5 was the fact that you had a female solider (fight for the British) with a artificial hand, blue face paint, and spiked cricket bat kicking German men's asses on the front lines. When people pointed out that this isn't historically accurate (which is a thing they promised) The main product developer basically told the customers they were "uneducated" and if they "didn't like the way they were going to do it then don't buy it".

While I can find a way to agree with most else of what you're saying, as someone who's actually studied video games I'd like to clarify that the MAIN reason EA turned people off of Battlefield 5 was because of the way they handled Star Wars Battlefield 2 with the nonsense loot boxing and microtransactions *****. "Historical inaccuracy" is just a cover-up excuse for both "MRAs" and "gamers," while the real reason for gamers to hate EA is because of their recent and continued business practices that try to take advantage of the gaming public.

Micro-transactions have permanently f*cked video gaming for all eternity... at least until they get rid of it, and go back to pay once, own forever, in either physical disc or digital download.

Many great franchises are going down the toilet due to micro-transactions.

One of the most influential franchises in my life is / was Diablo. And Blizzard got disturbingly close to micro-transactions (*cough* Real money auction house *cough* *cough*), and Rise of the Necromancer is okay, but seemed a little half-assed.

I do agree with Expansions though. I wish Rise of the Necromancer was a whole expansion, rather than just a new character build, and a few kinda ‘meh’ things.

I shudder to think about Diablo 4. I really REALLY hope that Blizzard avoids micro-transactions with future Diablo games / expansions.
(08-21-2018, 09:17 PM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, wanted to get your guys opinions on why this is happening. Seems to be a epidemic at the moment and it keeps on happening a lot now. The main ones I saw this with is Disney (Star wars: The Last Jedi, Marvel comics), Sony (Ghostbuster's 2016), Oceans 8, and now EA (with Battle Field 5). It seems no matter how much companies lose trying to pander to SJWs they keep on trying to do it. When there stuff fails or people offer criticism on their products they start calling their customers racist, sexist, blah, blah, blah, etc. Then they wonder why no one wants to buy their fricken products.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of these universities these business people graduate from are totally infected with SJW non-sense. I can tell you from my recent experience at a regular university that SJWism has practically infected almost all the majors there. So these business men who move up to being associates and upper management think that this is normal a way of thinking and that this is how most people think. Granted, that would excuse the first few times but after a while of trying to inject SJW ideology into stuff then losing money you think they would get the hint.

Also, I think another thing is that since SJWs are such a vocal minority they might think they are actually the majority when they aren't. Of course another thing is that they subscribe to such an ideology themselves. For example, the most recent thing with EA that turned people off from buying Battle Field 5 was the fact that you had a female solider (fight for the British) with a artificial hand, blue face paint, and spiked cricket bat kicking German men's asses on the front lines. When people pointed out that this isn't historically accurate (which is a thing they promised) The main product developer basically told the customers they were "uneducated" and if they "didn't like the way they were going to do it then don't buy it". Also, he mentioned something in an interview that seemed so dumb:

“I have a 13-year-old daughter that when the trailer came out and she saw all the flak, she asked me, ‘Dad, why’s this happening?'” he continued. “She plays Fortnite, and says, ‘I can be a girl in Fortnite. Why are people so upset about this?’ … I just said, ‘You know what? You’re right. This is not ok.’ These are people who are uneducated – they don’t understand that this is a plausible scenario."

He also said that it would be him that would be on the right side of history after this move. Funny, because after it was revealed that Battle Field 5 pre-orders were under 85% he left the company rofl. Guess he was wrong about that statement. Anyway, what do you guys think? Why are all these companies pulling this shit now? Particularly interested in Shannon and Catman's opinions since they run companies.

I recently did a Bachelor of Business, and it was jammed full of Feminism.

The course was 3 years. And 6 months of that was pure ‘Womens Rights’. And every other subject had at least one full lecture on ‘Womens Rights’, Feminist Ethics and/or Corporate Social Responsibility.

While I agree with some of the Feminist stuff, like Right to Vote, Equal Employment Opportunity, Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave and Equal Pay (assuming equal experience and skill sets).

Some of it was a bit over-the-top, like Protection Responsibility (Ethics of Care) = everyone has a duty of care / responsibility to protect everyone else from emotional harm.

For example, a child scrapping their knee while playing is considered a failure by society to protect that child from emotional harm. And no child should ever scrap their knee while playing, and society has a ‘duty of care’ to ban all situations that a child could scrap their knee while playing. And that parents should be charged for negligence every time one of their children scraps their knee, and lose custody.

And yeah, it would be interesting to hear from Catman, Shannon and other entrepreneurs.

Edit: Come to think of it Feminist Ethics was actually one of the main core subjects, and was weighted heavier in terms of GPA, etc. (Core subjects being the ‘heaviest’ in determining the overall grade).
(08-22-2018, 05:13 PM)MasterEnki Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2018, 09:17 PM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, wanted to get your guys opinions on why this is happening. Seems to be a epidemic at the moment and it keeps on happening a lot now. The main ones I saw this with is Disney (Star wars: The Last Jedi, Marvel comics), Sony (Ghostbuster's 2016), Oceans 8, and now EA (with Battle Field 5). It seems no matter how much companies lose trying to pander to SJWs they keep on trying to do it. When there stuff fails or people offer criticism on their products they start calling their customers racist, sexist, blah, blah, blah, etc. Then they wonder why no one wants to buy their fricken products.

The course was 3 years. And 6 months of that was pure ‘Womens Rights’. And every other subject had at least one full lecture on ‘Womens Rights’, Feminist Ethics and/or Corporate Social Responsibility.

While I agree with some of the Feminist stuff, like Right to Vote, Equal Employment Opportunity, Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave and Equal Pay (assuming equal experience and skill sets).

Some of it was a bit over-the-top, like Protection Responsibility (Ethics of Care) = everyone has a duty of care / responsibility to protect everyone else from emotional harm.

For example, a child scrapping their knee while playing is considered a failure by society to protect that child from emotional harm. And no child should ever scrap their knee while playing, and society has a ‘duty of care’ to ban all situations that a child could scrap their knee while playing. And that parents should be charged for negligence every time one of their children scraps their knee, and lose custody.

And yeah, it would be interesting to hear from Catman, Shannon and other entrepreneurs.

Edit: Come to think of it Feminist Ethics was actually one of the main core subjects, and was weighted heavier in terms of GPA, etc. (Core subjects being the ‘heaviest’ in determining the overall grade).

Id say, its unethical to NOT let kids scrape their knees/bruise themselves/get into mini-playfights with other kids etc as you are essentially over-protecting them and hence turning them into weaklings that will get gobbled up when they go into the real world.
(08-22-2018, 05:39 PM)kingpill Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2018, 05:13 PM)MasterEnki Wrote: [ -> ]

Id say, its unethical to NOT let kids scrape their knees/bruise themselves/get into mini-playfights with other kids etc as you are essentially over-protecting them and hence turning them into weaklings that will get gobbled up when they go into the real world.

It can definitely go too far.

The Business degree I did was full of concepts such as Duty of Care, Feminist Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, Inclusivity / Diversity / Multi-Culturism, Eco-Sustainability, Political Correctness, Ethics of Care, Humanistic Approach, etc.

All of these seem to be permutations of Feminism / Feminist Ethics.

Even the exams had some questions along the lines of “Profit motive can lead to social problems such as poverty. Use Ethics of Care theories to prove why the profit motive is unethical?” (Can’t remember the exact wording, but it was along those lines).
@MasterEnki I would pretty much agree with you on most of what you said. Its the main reason why I left a regular college and doing online now. I really got tired of all the feminism and SJW non-sense that kept on getting slipped into my lessons and it didn't even matter what kind of course it was. Heck, even in an actual hard science like biology I had to deal with this stuff. I literally had a biology professor talking about some so called third gender in Mexico. It had gotten to the point where I felt like I wasn't learning anything because when it came to a choice of teaching actual knowledge and skills or pushing an agenda the teachers always chose the latter. I just got tired of it and even the implication that me as a male are inherently toxic. That I have toxic masculinity and therefore I need to make up for it by acting like a "Good beta male".

As for the things I disagree with slightly, Honestly, I no longer believe in , for both men and women, universal suffrage. I would rather have a system right now where if you are a net tax payer (give more to the government than you take out in the form of welfare or services) then you get the right to vote. If you aren't a net tax payer then you don't get to vote. There is too much of a conflict of interest when you have people who are receiving benefits can vote for people who will increase those benefits while contributing nothing in return. It funny because we hate conflict of interest between governments and businesses but when it comes to conflict of interests involving your average Joe we turn a blind eye.

Also have to agree with @"kingpill" this whole over emphasis on protecting people's feelings is just going to make people weak then they will not be prepared for the real world, which doesn't give a damn about your feelings.

@apollolux I do agree to a extent. There has been major ill will that has developed even before Battle Front 2. Its just that battle front 2 is probably the most recent mistake EA had made. I wouldn't count out the backlash though, and I doubt all the comments I'm seeing are cover. I will admit though the whole controversy was probably a bit smaller when it was just about the historical accuracy component. What made it bigger though was when the main EA/DICE developer, in response, called all those people who felt iffy about this whole thing "uneducated" and told them if "They don't like it don't buy it". I'm sorry but that is one of the stupidest things you could do to people in that community. You don't just say that to potential paying customers unless you like losing money.

In many ways this is very similar to the whole Star wars thing. Many, many people didn't like the last Jedi (which also had a lot of SJW, feminist non-sense in it and treated the original characters like shit). Now had it just ended there I don't think things might have gotten as bad (though it was still pretty bad). Its when you had Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson adding gasoline on the fire. Basically, insulting fans and people ,who in general didn't like the movie, all the time. This led even more to the boycott of Soylo, which I took part in as well. If there is anything we could learn from both the Disney and EA/DICE controversy it is don't insult and ridicule your fan base. That is just a dumb decision.