Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Online dating’s bizarre ELO Score system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do think about the ELO Score type system that Tinder and other online dating sites have?

It seems like a good idea on paper / in theory. But in practice it can marginalize people.

What happens if all the women who would definitely date you can’t see your profile due to the ELO Score system?

What happens if only women who would never date you can see your profile?

I often wonder whether my lack of success with online is simply because the women who would date me never see my profile.

It is especially punishing if you are a 8 (Fit looking with a nice beard, for example) and you can only get matched up to 3s and 4s. It can make it impossible to get anywhere.

If you a dude who is into bodybuilding / fitness / gym, and you only tend to get matched with chubby, lazy, unfit chicks - a meaningful relationship is likely impossible due to major lifestyle conflict.

I read that most women will only date (and not ghost / flake) someone who is -1/0/+1 in terms of relative attractiveness. I read that most women get quite insecure around guys that are +2 or more. Women who are 3s and 4s won’t date a guy who is an 8 (relatively speaking), since she thinks that he will find a more attractive woman, etc.

The ELO Score seems to be quite a broken system.
You might not like my observation and i'm not saying it to try to be harsh. But what i'm seeing is you finding more and more reasons why you can't just be successful and spending so much time posting about it, instead of working with what you can.
(08-20-2018, 05:03 PM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]You might not like my observation and i'm not saying it to try to be harsh. But what i'm seeing is you finding more and more reasons why you can't just be successful and spending so much time posting about it, instead of working with what you can.

Agreed. Focus on what you can control, and cut the victim mentality.
I have plans to start all new dating profiles.

I’m going to get professional portrait photo(s) taken that I can use as my main profile picture. I’m saving $20 - $30 or so a week towards it. I should have enough money for it around start of next year.

I will trim my beard up the night before the photo shoot, and will wear something casual, but fashionable / stylish.

I have been reading about good VS bad profiles. The expert advice seems to be along the lines of keep a simple, conservative (avoid anything NSFW) and down-to-earth profile.

If I manage to get on the above-average side of the ELO Score, then that would be awesome.

I still think that it can be a really broken system though.
Well all my lays this year came from online.
One Question?

Why arnt u using DMSI?
(08-20-2018, 06:48 PM)Zane Wrote: [ -> ]One Question?

Why arnt u using DMSI?

Getting laid is NOT my main goal, per se.

My main goal is to have a friend-with-benefits or, otherwise, casual sexual partner that is extremely compatiable with me, that I will have an amazing connection with, that is ‘perfect for me’. The focus is on maximum possible compatiability.

AYP is the best program for my goal.

Really great sex is a nice side bonus of AYP. According to Shannon / SubShop website, AYP manifestations offer the best sex possible.

The only time I would consider using DMSI is as preparation for AYP, or as troubleshooting (only if AYP doesn’t end up working).

I am contemplating things like better online profiles, etc. as logistic preparation for manifestation(s) from AYP. I doubt she will materialise in my bedroom from thin air. Logically, there will have to be some sort of real world steps / logistics leading up to the manifested relationship.

Of course, I wouldn’t say no to random sex from trustworthy women (if the opportunity arose), but the end goal is the AYP manifestation.