Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Rebel_GQ's UM/OP journal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DAY 1

Listened to the Flac / Hybrid version last night for 3 hours straight. Could not sleep during the first two hours while listening, not because I felt so motivated to do something, but probably attributable to other factors. Started getting sleepy during the 3rd hour, but was still conscious enough to be able to take off my headphones at the end of the 3rd hour.

Slept for five hours. Woke up feeling relaxed. Not really feeling motivated. However, one of the first things I did was hop on my elliptical, which was a present I bought for myself last Christmas, but hardly ever used it. I typically don't last longer than 2 minutes on this thing before I'm totally dead. This time, I did 45 seconds, took a breather while still on it for 20-30 seconds, and repeated that for 4 more times. Dead again. Limped back to my bed and layed there for 15 minutes to recover. While lying there, I was thinking to myself "at least I got on the damn thing this time" and thought that's a small victory for this sub.

Wife recently moved back in with me. We were going to have our first home cooked meal together since getting back together, and of course I had to help cook. We were missing some ingredients so had to run to the grocery store while my wife would get started cooking. While in the store I started feeling good and positive about life in general. Haven't even had my coffee yet to put me in this good mood, but was just feeling good is all I can describe it.

Got back home and found my wife doing her nails. I ended up doing ALL the cooking including cutting all the ingredients. Was also doing dishes and cleaning counters while food was cooking. After we ate, did all the dishes (again) and cleaned up the whole dining and kitchen area. I normally just let the mess pile up until it's time to cook again, that's when I start cleaning. But this time I knocked everything out, and I'm glad I did. Wife went back to doing her nails...

While I was doing all that, I really was not feeling motivated at all. I "forced" myself to do it, as I do with all chores that's a drag. However, the only difference this time is that I actually did it, though not really enjoying it while doing it, but was glad when it was all completed.

By afternoon, reverted back to my lazy ways. Surfed the internet, eventually became sleepy, and took a nap. Woke up feeling refreshed. Still not feeling motivated. But I wanted to "force" myself again into doing something productive. But this time, I could not muster enough strength/motivation to work on something. Ended up taking a drive to a car dealership (which was closed), looking at nice/expensive cars I know I can't afford. I usually do this on Sundays to kill time, as well as to avoid pesky salesmen since dealerships are closed on Sundays.

As I'm typing this out now, I'm listening to the sub while I have the TV on, occasionally flipping channels, but not really paying attention, and surfing this forum. This is the typical thing I do during the weekends instead of getting off my butt and do something productive. I've got a ways to go before the 3 hour listening time is up. After I post this, I suppose I'll start a wish list of things that need to get done, as a couple of folks on this forum have done (that's actually a good idea)

So there goes my experience after 1 day on this sub. In summary: not bad on Day 1. I did not feel motivated, but forced myself to be productive for half the day before I faded down the stretch. The night is not yet over, so perhaps after listening to this, I might still do other things productive.
I also noticed, not just on this sub but others as well, that there are times during the sub where the volume seems to increase on it's own for a few seconds before going back down to normal levels. Or maybe something wrong on my end. Anyone else notice that?
Which format do you mean?

Ocean surf, the volume goes up and down a little at different times, that's just the sound mask.
(08-05-2018, 03:46 PM)Rebel_GQ Wrote: [ -> ]I also noticed, not just on this sub but others as well, that there are times during the sub where the volume seems to increase on it's own for a few seconds before going back down to normal levels. Or maybe something wrong on my end. Anyone else notice that?

I notice that too when listening to trickling stream hybrids for this and DMSIs. It goes up a tad randomly, I readjust my EQ a bit to tone down the right side, and it's back to normal. For me, it's only the right side increasing. And pretty much every sub here has had the right channel several decibels louder than the left weirdly. Different sources, different speakers and headphones, different everything, same result. Not annoying at all, but notable.
(08-05-2018, 07:56 PM)CatMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2018, 03:46 PM)Rebel_GQ Wrote: [ -> ]I also noticed, not just on this sub but others as well, that there are times during the sub where the volume seems to increase on it's own for a few seconds before going back down to normal levels. Or maybe something wrong on my end. Anyone else notice that?

I notice that too when listening to trickling stream hybrids for this and DMSIs. It goes up a tad randomly, I readjust my EQ a bit to tone down the right side, and it's back to normal. For me, it's only the right side increasing. And pretty much every sub here has had the right channel several decibels louder than the left weirdly. Different sources, different speakers and headphones, different everything, same result. Not annoying at all, but notable.

Indeed, since every one goes through a stereo channel volume normalization process...

I have noticed that on other subs but only on Android phones. There must be something crappy with the volume adjustment.
Ok. Glad it wasn't just me experiencing the different volumes...
DAY 2

From one of Shannon's post in another thread, looks like I already screwed up my secondary ASRB; yesterday evening my 3-hour listening time was cut short, to a little under 2 hours due to other things I had to attend to (I should have just listened to it before sleeping, but did not want to risk not getting a good night's rest). I think I will just do 1 hour a day using 7:2 for a month and see what happens.

So today, woke up feeling tired but relaxed. Not feeling motivated at all. Had my typical Monday at work, filled with conference calls most of the day, with the time in between being pulled in all directions on different projects and from different people I owe something to. Thus, it's hard to get any "real work" done during a normal 8-5 work day. So when 5pm hits every day, I don't feel like doing sh!t. I keep telling myself I'll get back online later and try to get work done, but I never do.

That's where I want this sub to kick in, is to find the motivation to do work during off-hours including weekends if needed.

I did work til around 6pm today, and got a few things done at least. But I always feel like I could do more if I was more motivated. I'll see later tonight if I go back online, but as of right now, I don't feel like doing sh!t.
I think you're getting confused. UMOP is to be used 3 loops a day. USLM can be used 1 or 7.
(08-06-2018, 03:18 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I think you're getting confused. UMOP is to be used 3 loops a day. USLM can be used 1 or 7.

Ahhh okay. I should do a more thorough job of reading the forum carefully for something important as this. I blame mercury retrograde, lol. Thanks for the clarification.
DAY 4

Progress is being made but at a snail's pace. I'm getting things done both at home and at work, but not quite as much as I want (I always feel like I could/should do more). From my list of (home) things I compiled on Day 1, I have knocked out 7 of 23 tasks. I supposed it's better than not having done them at all. Hoping to have most completed by end of week.

Still not feeling very motivated while in the moment of doing these, but at least things are getting done when it's started (i.e. when I start something, I don't back out of it; I see it through completion).
Forgot to add that last night was the first night in the longest time where I actually logged in to work and worked for 1.5 hours and got something completed. That 1.5 hours is very valuable time, as that's extra time I now had during the regular work day today to work on other things.

Hoping things continue to trend positive from here and at a little bit quicker pace.