Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Play E2 for parents - 1 or 2 licenses? + moral question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking about running E2 for my parents, and I'm wondering 2 things:

1) Is it enough with buying 1 license even if it's 2 people listening?

2) What are your moral standpoint on this?

I'm thinking that because I know it have worked on me, they also can benefit. And they benefiting is also me benfiting. But is it the right thing to do? Isn't it like forcing something on them? Having a bit of a dilemma on that one...
(06-05-2018, 01:04 AM)Greenduck Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking about running E2 for my parents, and I'm wondering 2 things:

I'm thinking that because I know it have worked on me, they also can benefit. And they benefiting is also me benfiting. But is it the right thing to do? Isn't it like forcing something on them? Having a bit of a dilemma on that one...

I already did that but with E1. Glad that I did that cause before E1 they were a mess. Especially my mom. I did something so that she could benefit from it. Atleast now my mom and dad has a stable relationship cause before that they would keep arguing. Now they r in sync...
As long they always listen together you only need one copy. But if for example you dad is the owner and your mother is also listening when he is at work (or the other way) then you would need two copies.

I would definitely tell them what you are doing, no need to explain all details just say something that you are playing a program which helps to feel better in long term (or something like that). Most people don't believe in subs anyway and as long they don't have to do anything they often don't mind if something is playing when they are there.
Quote:I'm thinking about running E2 for my parents, and I'm wondering 2 things:

If one person plays it and 2 people are exposed that's fine, but if both have a copy and are playing it then it can trigger the AP code.

I personally think that it's pretty fair to buy an audio and be able to both use it in that way. But Shannon has the AP code as in "do you get benefit from it".

So he might have to answer those specifics.

As for the other thing. I can see it might benefit them, but I wouldn't like someone playing something like that for me when i'm not aware of it.

I was using E2 when I was dating a girl who had some trauma, and she said sometimes she had nightmares and stuff. Also she went kind of weird and bitchy when she started off sweet which made me think if E2 brought stuff up for her. And she wouldn't have known why.

After it ended with her, I thought it was going well but got this long message ending it.. I decided I wouldn't play subliminals around at girls places again like that. I feel like it stirred things up a bit.
The key is...

it does not matter how many people are exposed as long as their exposure is as a result of the OWNER using it normally.

So if the owner wants to play it while sitting in a room of 60 people every day, but is playing it for themselves, then it's fair use.

If that owner "shares" or gives away or sells a copy, but retains their own copy, then more than one copy exists now, and only one copy was paid for, which is not fair use, it is piracy/theft. Fair use is allowing the OWNER to use it unimpeded, but if you are using it as a side effect or a tag along without having paid for the privilege of owning it, then you must be at the mercy of the user's whim as to when, where and how to use it. Using it as you please is a privilege of having paid for it.

So:

If you buy a copy and then give it to your father, you must then delete all copies and backups in your possession for the ownership transfer to be correct; otherwise, you have a copy you can use, and he has one he can use, and only one of you paid for it.

Once he has the only copy, he owns it and he can make backups as necessary and desired, but you and others can only "use" it by listening to it whenever and however he chooses to use it, because it is his property.

So if every day he chooses to use it for an hour a day in the living room, and everyone in the family is present, then:

Only one paid for copy exists in the possession of one person, regardless of backups - legal.
The user is using it as personally desired - legal.
Others present may be exposed as a consequence of the user getting their paid for value from the program. Legal.
I'll put that in the FAQ, because it tends to confuse a few people.