Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Question about Piracy Code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Yesterday, in the hostel, I went downstair for a drink and forgot to press pause the sub. AM6. I came back after 15 minutes and saw the sub was still playing. There were over 10 people in the room. From what I have read and understood about the AP code, there are many people have already heard and benefited from the sub while I was not there.

I'm in worry. Still hope that the code was not triggered yet and affect any results, as I did not intentionally do it or share it to other. In case of it already triggered, what should I do to prevent the code affect the results? As this is my 5th run.
If it happened by accident then all is fine, otherwise if you let it play because you had the intention to let them benefit then it would be another thing.
That's ok, if you play it and others are exposed it's fine. If you give them all copies then it would be triggered, which you didn't.
Thank you for the clarification, men.
Specifically, both answers above are correct:

Doing so unintentionally is not a crime. And, you can expose as many people as you like, so long as only you have a copy and you are doing so by virtue of your own use of the program.

That is considered fair use.

But giving away or sharing or making or distributing copies, and intentionally playing it to others when you are not using it, is not fair use.