Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Ultrasonic possible tinnitus from overexposure (speakers only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So

I recently switched to US version of ASC. Been using for 3 days at night because earphones kept falling off. ....I listen to phone speakers since it passed the speaker test and my laptops didn't

I keep my phone woyh it's speakers facing towards me at about 8- 10 ft from my head. Phone volume is always set b/w 50 - 75/80 %

Couple of questions I have about this:

I sleep on my side so only one ear is exposed (does this cause any problems)

I also developed a ringing sound (kinda high pitched...'uweeeeee' sound) in my left ear (I sleep on my right ear) I don't hear a lot of the time only when it gets really quiet like before bed time.

I also have this muffled sensation in my left ear.

I wanna knkwnof this is something from the US itself and would like to k ow if I can rectify it or should I ignore it and why would it be the case?
Hi,
First thing it's not recommended to use ultrasonic with headphones. It's too easy to mess up the volume and have it too high which may damage hearing or too low which lessns the effectiveness. If you were using headphones that may be some of the issue, though I see you're using phone speakers now.

Sleeping on one side is fine, both ears will still get some input. I wouldn't worry about it.

The things with your ears might be that the volume is too high, or using ultrasonic on headphones and having it too high. Might be a good idea to lower volume a bit. Test by using a masked version and having it at a comfortable volume.
Did you calibrate with a masked track? What you are describing is definitely too much volume on the ultrasonic track. I suggest using masked format until it goes away and then trying toe ultrasonic again at a volume that is calibrated according to the instructions (which gives you the maximum volume for ultrasonic) or lower.

Just because you can't consciously hear it, doesn't mean it's not there. It's still sound, and too much volume is not a good thing. That's why we have you calibrate with a masked track if you're going to use the ultrasonic.