Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Requirements for music player/headphones and speaker?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been reading the journals lately, and I've been seeing people using rather exotic media players, and talking about 20kHz stuff and all that, so I'm worried if I have to use a specific type of software, headphones, and speaker for the subs technology to shine through properly.

I'm currently using Windows Media Player, is that okay? The earphones I have is fairly generic samsung-type, and I'm' soon going to transition to cozy-phones.

I only have laptop speakers at the moment, if I do decide to use ultrasound, but am planning to buy proper inexpensive stereo speakeres, as the speakers on my laptop are crap (Acer Aspire E17). How do I know which speakers to buy for the subs to work optimally? What is this 20khz business?
From the faq..

Quote:The quick and easy test to see if they are capable of playing both masked and ultrasonic subliminals is to visit our free products page and download our Speaker Test file. If you hear no static, but the audio fades out near the end, you should be fine. A upper-frequency response of at least 20khz to avoid static on ultrasonics is recommended.

That's just for ultrasonic, laptop speakers are usually low quality.. so may lessen results. As for windows media player it depends if it compresses it or not which it may. I use VLC media player if I play them on my pc.

If your headphones aren't totally cheap and dodgy then they will be okay for the masked versions, but ultrasonic isn't recommended on headphones. It can be too easy to mess up the volume, too high and it may damage your hearing, too low and it may lessen the effects.
I just bought a pair of earphones. The package claims that it has a frequency response (or whatever it's called) of 20Hz - 20kHz, which should have fit the bill. But I did the audio test, and I kept hearing barely audible pulsing sounds after 15 seconds in. Is it just me, or is the manufacturer lying.......It's annoying how it's so hard to find the right earphones that are reasonably cheap so that I can use them for Hybrid subs.

It only cost me 15USD btw.
(11-18-2017, 04:03 PM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]From the faq..

Quote:The quick and easy test to see if they are capable of playing both masked and ultrasonic subliminals is to visit our free products page and download our Speaker Test file. If you hear no static, but the audio fades out near the end, you should be fine. A upper-frequency response of at least 20khz to avoid static on ultrasonics is recommended.

That's just for ultrasonic, laptop speakers are usually low quality.. so may lessen results. As for windows media player it depends if it compresses it or not which it may. I use VLC media player if I play them on my pc.

If your headphones aren't totally cheap and dodgy then they will be okay for the masked versions, but ultrasonic isn't recommended on headphones. It can be too easy to mess up the volume, too high and it may damage your hearing, too low and it may lessen the effects.

I'm a beginner and I just started using this product. what I want to ask is what makes trigger copy protection appear? if I copy files from my computer to some of my devices ( like MP3 Player , my phone, my tablet) I mean copying the file repeatedly to my device as long as I use it for myself , and does the effect of this product still work?

is my step right if i buy AM6 first before buying BASE? because I read some articles in this forum that give advice to build inner character first with AM6 then just use BASE? Is it true ?

the final question, how to use it to be effective? whether it can be used when I work or do other activities? any tips ?
I answered your questions in my email response, that's usually the best place if you have questions. If you email and post the same thing i'll usually see the email first.
(11-19-2017, 10:55 PM)Vetoed Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought a pair of earphones. The package claims that it has a frequency response (or whatever it's called) of 20Hz - 20kHz, which should have fit the bill. But I did the audio test, and I kept hearing barely audible pulsing sounds after 15 seconds in. Is it just me, or is the manufacturer lying.......It's annoying how it's so hard to find the right earphones that are reasonably cheap so that I can use them for Hybrid subs.

It only cost me 15USD btw.

My friend, you must not use ultrasonic on earphones, it can damage your hearing. It’s in the FAQ and Shannon wrote extensively about that, it is a big no no. Hybrid format is less dangerous if you are very careful with the volume but still not recommended.
(11-18-2017, 04:03 PM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]From the faq..

Quote:The quick and easy test to see if they are capable of playing both masked and ultrasonic subliminals is to visit our free products page and download our Speaker Test file. If you hear no static, but the audio fades out near the end, you should be fine.  A upper-frequency response of at least 20khz to avoid static on ultrasonics is recommended.

I second VLC, it’s free and it works very well, at least on the platforms I use.