Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Wim-Hof - bring out your inner fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been using a method called Wim-Hof for some time as it was said to be helpful in increasing your energy, help you heal physically and emotionally, and bring out your "inner fire".

The method have been developed by a guy from Netherlands called Wim-Hof, who also have been known as the "Ice-man" because of his ability to stay long time in ice-baths and doing things most would have some problems with, such as climbing Kilimanjaro just in a pair of shorts. Cool stuff.

Anyway the method is based on three components (I have only done the breathing part for about one month, and are feeling some effects, but I come to that later):

- Breathing exercises
- Cold showers
- Stretches and exercises with body-weight

He share generously about his method online, most stuff can be found in videos and in texts, and if you want full access you can get it from buying the full package (which I did).

Some benefits that that users have experienced from following the program (the program is 10-weeks but most users stick with it and start to use it as a regular routine):

- A guy who work as a writer wrote about 1000-words a day before, now with the energy he has he writes over 10 000 words per day (10-fold increase!)
- Overall stronger immune-system
- Feeling "stronger" and not stressing out about small stuff
- More energy
- Better sleep
- Overall improvement in well-being
- Better blood circulation
- Higher body temperature and less need to wear warmer clothes
- More relaxed
- Deeper states in meditation
- Higher creativity
- Higher methabolism due to higher body temperature
- Improvement in athletic performance

Hard to say it doesn't sound pretty good, right!

Well I have used it for about 4 weeks and can feel that I becoming stronger and can "relax in myself". I have suffered from depression for about 2 years, which have gradually improved over time, but it feels like this method have helped me to a new level of recovering and bringing out the "force" in me that I lost for a while. For those interested in chakras, it feels like my solar plexus chakra is becoming stronger, I am becoming more "centered" and I have overall more energy.

An article about a guy who reviews the course 5 weeks in:
http://benjaminmcevoy.com/wim-hof-method-review/

A comment in the same page
"However, on the app vs the course idea, I will say this: I started the full course when I was at a dark time in my life. I was struggling to overcome something significant that no one knew about. Friends and family weren’t there to support me because they didn’t know I had this problem. But with Wim’s course, I overcame my issue, he helped me through, and my health and happiness increased x1000. It’s with real sincerity that I say Wim’s course is the best investment I ever made. And I don’t think an app would have had quite the same effect. If I had just used an app, I think would still be battling my problems today."

And a picture of "the ice-man" Wink

[Image: wimhofmethod-770x300.jpg]
I thought this method includes meditation? Which isn't reccommended by Shannon if you are listening to subs like E2 which have state shifting.
(03-18-2017, 01:53 PM)cataleya Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this method includes meditation? Which isn't reccommended by Shannon if you are listening to subs like E2 which have state shifting.

I don't know if breathing exercises is classed as meditation, but maybe they are. To me it's just a new way of training breathing which give me more energy and feel more grounded.
I have been doing WH method for a month now. Only 4 minutes and 10 minutes though. It feels good and also when I squat I usually don't feel out of breath like before.
(03-18-2017, 01:53 PM)cataleya Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this method includes meditation? Which isn't reccommended by Shannon if you are listening to subs like E2 which have state shifting.

It was my understanding you're not supposed to meditate while listening to the audio and leave some time between the two.

I've been meditating consistently my entire time on his subs for more than a year, so I'm hoping I'm not doing it wrong Tongue
(03-18-2017, 02:02 PM)Greenduck Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know if breathing exercises is classed as meditation, but maybe they are. To me it's just a new way of training breathing which give me more energy and feel more grounded.

I agree with you. Holding your breath and then doing push up is not a traditional meditation. Kegel exercise is another thing is pretty good to for both men and women.
(03-18-2017, 02:14 PM)Nox Wrote: [ -> ]

It was my understanding you're not supposed to meditate while listening to the audio and leave some time between the two.

I've been meditating consistently my entire time on his subs for more than a year, so I'm hoping I'm not doing it wrong Tongue

I guess there are different forms of meditation. Some simple ones like wim-hof or "regular" meditation, just relaxing, breathing, focusing on your body, and more advanced once where you try to achieve some new state of mind.

Anyway, used the search function to find some quotes from Shannon on the subject:

(11-11-2016, 04:12 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Meditation directly conflicts with state shifting. If you do it, it cannot be done while listening to the program.

Other quote from Shannon regarding the topic:

Quote:Ultimately, meditation isn't important, I realized, because:

Unless you are using DMSI while interacting with others - which you should not be - then in the moment state shifting won't be affected. And...

Unless you are trying to meditate and seduce women at the same time it won't matter because... well... you can't do both at the same time.

So really it's a moot point.
(03-18-2017, 02:20 PM)jonathan4all Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree with you. Holding your breath and then doing push up is not a traditional meditation. Kegel exercise is another thing is pretty good to for both men and women.

Level 11 over here on Kegel camp (app for kegel training om appstore)

https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/kegel-ca...90605?mt=8
I won't lie... Even if I'm doing it wrong I won't be stoping my meditation practices anyways
(03-18-2017, 02:24 PM)Greenduck Wrote: [ -> ]

I downloaded that app it didnt work on my mac for some reasons . I am using privategym just for an experience. Prostate health and microcosmic orbit are the two steps of becoming a multi-orgasmic man which I aspire learning soon.
(03-18-2017, 02:29 PM)Nox Wrote: [ -> ]I won't lie... Even if I'm doing it wrong I won't be stoping my meditation practices anyways

(03-18-2017, 04:44 PM)jonathan4all Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2017, 02:24 PM)Greenduck Wrote: [ -> ]

I downloaded that app it didnt work on my mac for some reasons . I am using privategym just for an experience. Prostate health and microcosmic orbit are the two steps of becoming a multi-orgasmic man which I aspire learning soon.

Iphone-app*
I watched his documentary a while back and was blown away by what he can do. And i though i must try some of his techniques, glad you have posted this as I diddnt know there was a course.

Couple points from the documentary, he got injected with the fu virus then beat it and healed himself within hours - all done while being filmed and medically examined.

He had a girl on his course who did the breathing technique, and afterwards broke down into uncontrollable crying and tears, she said it was out of her control and the release afterwards was incredible.
(03-19-2017, 10:36 AM)ArcticFox Wrote: [ -> ]... the fu virus ...

Kung fu or fu manchu?
(03-19-2017, 12:09 PM)apollolux Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2017, 10:36 AM)ArcticFox Wrote: [ -> ]... the fu virus ...

Kung fu or fu manchu?

Lol - kung fu of course!

.....i meant the flu Big Grin
Pages: 1 2