Subliminal Talk

Full Version: SEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread can be helpful to anyone

I'm thinking of making money online, I have a few ideas for websites I think can go far, but I have no idea how to promote them via SEO.

Can anyone recommend any good reading materials or tutorial that can help a total newbie?
I've found moz.com blog and Search Engine Land to be extremely useful websites for up-to-date info on SEO. That being said, learning the info is one thing and applying it is another, and usually the best practices include creating relevant, useful, recent content and structuring the site with decent semantics and performance. WebPagetest is an excellent tool for performance checking once you reach that point in development.
(10-05-2016, 04:00 PM)apollolux Wrote: [ -> ]I've found moz.com blog and Search Engine Land to be extremely useful websites for up-to-date info on SEO. That being said, learning the info is one thing and applying it is another, and usually the best practices include creating relevant, useful, recent content and structuring the site with decent semantics and performance. WebPagetest is an excellent tool for performance checking once you reach that point in development.

Thanks, I'm looking into these now.
As someone who actually runs a small SEO agency and has serviced several large and small companies over the years, perhaps i can give you some assistance.

If you are looking at SEO as a means of free traffic, then you're looking at a long road of grind to generate enough traffic through big G (google), bing and yahoo (which are the primary search engines that i concern myself with).

This is why I'm all about paid traffic right now because I know if i setup the right systems I can put in $1 and get out $5 or more. Rinse & repeat over and over and over.

Just don't look at SEO for anything short term. You definitely need a long term strategy to dance with all the updates Google does while also maintaining your rankings.

If you wish, PM me and I'll give you some resources that could help you a lot.