Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Suggestion: Optional Thread-Close For User Journals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

Reading through the many journals on the forum I have realised, as does some others, that journals too often goes off topic and it becomes difficult to track the user's journey with his subliminal usage. For me, I am looking at other users' experiences with DMSI but only once in a while did I find related reports. I admit I am guilty of steering off topic myself, and will think of this more.

My thinking is this: perhaps Ben can enable an optional thread-close if an user wants his journal to be his only, so that everyone visiting can track the progress. The same if the journal writer feels his thread if going off track.

I believe this is why Shannon started a new journal and have it locked. I think we can all agree it really does make it much easier to track someone's progress.

If an user would like to comment, he or she can of course quote it but respond to it in the product discussion thread (I am thinking specifically of DMSI here). The journals are meant for the users and the discussion threads a kind of chat room where we can exchange ideas.

What do you guys think? Too controlling? Big Grin Note that this is only if the user requests that his or her journal be locked. If someone has no issues with this then his or her journals can be open as it has been.

Would this be possible, Ben?

Frosted

I think its a good idea, although if a lot of users start doing it it might cause our community to start splitting apart because the journals are a big social thing that keeps this community alive.

Maybe if everyone had two threads, one locked which is the journal itself and the other for people who want to discuss things about their current journal.
That would be too many to keep up with I think. We do have I believe 2 discussion threads on DMSI, for example. Discussions can take place here commonly for everyone. If one wants to keep his or her journal open it will be open, of course. That should still be a status quo unless specifically asked otherwise. I sure hope many will remain open.

By the way it seems only attraction subs have this problem with off topic discussion. I looked at the BASE journals or AM6 journals and they don't tend to have this. I suppose we all like to chime in when the topic is the opposite sex.

Frosted

I just think that the attraction journals are the most popular and exciting. You never know if you'll open it and hear about a threesome or something crazy happened that you might be able to replicate if you run that sub too.
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to have this at the user level. A similar thought was brought up a while ago.
Oh wow...I think I'd even pay a fee for this...

Lmao.