Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Spiritual Warrior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One guy I know in the gym use to live in South Africa he says he has a black belt 3rd dan in street karate. Now he was telling me how he has taken on thugs with baseball bats, hells angels, street gangs etc.

My question is too many black belts these days follow the route of using their hands and feet for violence. How about some sub to iron out these feelings to attract violence ?

I even read about one guy called Geoff Thompson. He was a legendary door man in the 80s who took on notorious drug gangs with this bare hands. He has black belts in various systems and knows street fighting, pressure point fighting.

I wonder about these people how they attract so much violence ?
1) a lot of the stories are made up

2) do you remember times you have walked away from a fight? These guys don't. They want to fight.

3) a lot of them had jobs where they were supposed to get in fights.

And to put things in perspective... I don't care what you've learned when it comes to hand to hand fights. If I have a baseball bat or a knife and even a bit of surprise on my side (which a lot of guys who get in street fights perfect. The sucker punch is the first move you want to master) I'm highly confident that I will win any fight that doesn't include a gun or more than one guy. Multiple combatants makes everything hard to gauge.

As depressing as it sounds, a lot of the good old stories about fist fights are just stories.
I have to admit I know very little about the fighting arts. You are obviously a martial arts expert have you trained with any of the great masters ?.

This guy I told you about is huge he said he was worked in the most hostile bars in south africa and australia clearing out thugs from them. He may be telling me stories he may be telling the truth who knows. My point is that subs should be used to bring about inner peace. One of the greatest men in the world kicked a whole empire out of his country without raising so much as a finger. He was the greatest warrior.

I respect you can fight and you have mastered this sucker punch however I do not like this violence it creates bad karma.
(03-13-2016, 12:22 PM)thor2014 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to admit I know very little about the fighting arts. You are obviously a martial arts expert have you trained with any of the great masters ?.

This guy I told you about is huge he said he was worked in the most hostile bars in south africa and australia clearing out thugs from them. He may be telling me stories he may be telling the truth who knows. My point is that subs should be used to bring about inner peace. One of the greatest men in the world kicked a whole empire out of his country without raising so much as a finger. He was the greatest warrior.

I respect you can fight and you have mastered this sucker punch however I do not like this violence it creates bad karma.

Fighting is bad news and so I completely agree with you.

I used to train with a guy who did lessons with Bruce lee and have known a lot of mma thugs, but I am not even close to an expert lol.

Just keep this in mind man. When your life and livelihood (legal and illegal alike) depends upon how tough you are perceived as being, you'll see why there are a lot of inflated stories. A guy backing down from you in a fight is a fight that you just won. Even the greats get worked, and so it's in their best interest to win as many fights through reputation as possible.
I've gone through this myself. I used to when doing security attract tons of fights, people wanted to have a go at me all the time. My mates used to joke they would throw somebody out and they would be like "fuck you, you threw me out, i'm going to fight Ben" and would always say "oh you made another new friend tonight".

Yes part of it was how I reacted badly with anger and enflamed situations. But even without that I just attracted it, like people sought me out to fight me.

It was an energy or something I was projecting. During AM 2011 and alot of EFT coaching, working on anger and other stuff I become alot more calm, and attracted way less of it.

Stopping security for about 5 years and doing it now, with how I am a different person now none of that has happened, not that i'm doing it regularly. Of course 1 or 2 people were upset that I threw them out and we're being verbal but it didn't go anywhere near physical and I didn't kick it off because of my bad reactions as I am calm now and don't want to fight unless I have to.

And keep in mind, I don't know how well you've known him. But if you just meet a guy and he starts telling you how tough he is straight away, it's a pretty sure bet he is full of shit.
(03-13-2016, 03:11 AM)thor2014 Wrote: [ -> ]One guy I know in the gym use to live in South Africa he says he has a black belt 3rd dan in street karate. Now he was telling me how he has taken on thugs with baseball bats, hells angels, street gangs etc.

My question is too many black belts these days follow the route of using their hands and feet for violence. How about some sub to iron out these feelings to attract violence ?

I even read about one guy called Geoff Thompson. He was a legendary door man in the 80s who took on notorious drug gangs with this bare hands. He has black belts in various systems and knows street fighting, pressure point fighting.

I wonder about these people how they attract so much violence ?

Geoff Thompson discusses that he used to attract violence and how he stopped attracting it. I heard him on a podcast last year. Here is the link where you can listen.

http://theartofcharm.com/podcast-episode...isode-388/

The number 1 thing he says that brought all this violence was his fear and beliefs about the world and people.
He says he changed his life by getting rid of all the guilt, the shame, the fear, and the rage that was within himself. He said he cleared it by writing it all out and then deciding on who and what he wanted to be.