Subliminal Talk

Full Version: What is an "Ascendant Alpha?"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many times I am asked, what is my definition of an alpha male?  Or what I mean when I say "Ascendant alpha"?  Or what the Alpha Male Training Set is trying to achieve?

The answer is very well said in this post I made, and is worth making sticky.

https://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-What-...Alpha-male
Unfortunately the link doesn't work anymore as we changed the format of the links, and I have no idea where the post is now. But luckily I had it saved.

Shannon Wrote:My definition of an alpha male came from research I did over the course of months while building the first version of the Alpha Male Training Set in 2006, and each upgrade thereafter, plus the suggestions made here for those upgrades, and my own experience of the most successful examples of masculinity and leadership I have encountered.

It boils down, for me, to a truly strong, solid, self actualized, self validating, self supporting and self empowered, emotionally healthy man who lives by his own rules and takes what he wants from life by making it happen, all the while understanding his innate responsibilities to himself and others as the natural leader that he is.

To this end, I took the best of all of what I found and put it in one program. Some of it came from books, some from Internet articles, some from friends, some from men I admire and respect, some from interviews with women, some from interviews with men, some from what I observed from first hand experience in life.

You may note that when one says "alpha male", there is need to define your terms. Everyone seems to have a different definition of what an alpha male is. My definition, or as simplistically close as I can get without referring you to the ad page for the program, is above.

The Alpha Male program is based on the understanding that every male has the potential within him to be what his genetic heritage is pushing him to be, which is a leader. This is true because in the wild, only the strongest mate and every gene wants to reproduce. We as humans are still very much driven by our genetics and our subconscious, which is why we are one of the most sex-obsessed species on the planet.

This potential is innate in us all, but there are often issues which develop through no fault of our own as we grow up which conspire to set us on the path to something less than our fullest potential. We are frequently taught by experience, society, and other control mechanisms etc. to surrender, instead of be what our genes are telling us to be.

The result is weakness compared to our true potential. There will always be a power struggle, and there will always be a pyramid of power, because shy of the self sufficient, self validating, self supporting man, alpha will always want to be the best. There can be only one best, and so the inevitable result is a constant series of challenges to one's immediate superior in the social strata.

The type of alpha who relies on the acknowledgement of others is limited, however. He can only remain on top for so long before he begins to weaken and is eventually replaced. This constant challenging and replacement of course means that at all times, this type of alpha is always going to be the strongest in the group.

The other type of alpha, however, does not rely on the group for his ranking. He is independent of, and above the group for his self image, happiness and privilege. He does not weaken and get replaced over time, because he is not constantly spending his energy in a battle for supremacy. He has transcended the limitations of that system, and now relies on only himself for his status, etc. While the group may not acknowledge him initially, he will be seen as the greatest threat to the current alpha of the group once he is recognized because he does not acknowledge that alpha's position and authority as being a limiting factor for himself. And because of this, the power structure does not hold him in place, restrict him, control him. He is his own man, and independent of the power structures of the groups through which he passes.

This second type of alpha is the higher form of alpha. The more subtle form of alpha. The more alpha form of alpha. He may not be the six foot four hundred-pounds-of-muscle alpha-by-raw-force, but he is a leader regardless, and others will naturally follow him out of admiration and respect because of what and who he is. The key difference here is that the group-dominant alpha leads more out of fear based respect, than the admiration based respect of the "ascendant alpha". The ascendant alpha is a master of himself first and foremost. Others follow him not because he demands it, forces it, or threatens them if they don't, but because he displays the highest, truest form of leadership and masculinity: independence and self mastery.

Everyone has the potential for this within them. My Alpha Male training program is not changing your personality; it is shifting your thinking and beliefs such that you naturally achieve your higher potentials in this direction. You are doing whatever changes are happening; the program is just showing you which directions to focus in in order to do so. But the end result is not a different person, or a different personality: it is the temperance of and refinement of the original one into a higher, truer expression of its own potential, which was always there.

When you compare an expertly crafted sword made of steel, to the lump of iron ore and coal that were it's original forms, you can see what I mean. Iron ore is ugly and useless unless it is smelted to remove the impurities. Heat is applied to force them to separate, and the result is relatively pure molten iron and "slag", which is the impurities, which are discarded. Then the coal is added to the iron and you get molten steel. But the core elements are still iron and carbon, are they not?

Then you pour the molten steel into ingot molds and let them cool. They have changed form again, but they are still iron and carbon. And when that ingot cools sufficiently, the blacksmith forges it into a new shape and level of strength through a cycle of heating pressure and cooling. Changes, each one, but the elements in play are still iron and carbon.

The end result is a fine sword which can be used to do many things, from develop one's skills to defending oneself. One might pay pennies for a pile of iron ore and coal, but that sword can command as much as tens of thousands of dollars. It has remained the same elemental essence, but it's value has increased beyond measure because it is stronger, purer, more effective and more versatile. So too the transcendant alpha.

My Alpha Male subliminal training set is like that. It takes the raw form, purifies it, blends it, strengthens it, forges it and returns a much higher value, stronger and more versatile result. It may take more than one cycle of use to finish it's goal, but it does achieve that goal, and the elements are not different, but they are purified, strengthened, shaped and made into their higher potential.

I believe that one of the biggest challenges society faces today is the reverse, which is the desire for the lump of coal and iron ore to say... "Ouch, that looks like work, I will just avoid that by accepting myself as I am and consider that good enough."

This is called a cop out. An excuse. An evasion. And it is inherently beta behavior. It shows weakness, unwillingness to improve oneself, because one is not in control of themselves. This is one of the biggest excuses that you hear through the United States. "Accept me as I am! I am just fine as I am, even if I'm a lazy slob who does nothing, weighs a ton, and contributes nothing to society and my fellow man! But accept me as I am, because then I don't have to face my fear of change, pain, take-your-pick." The rallying cry of the weak.

Self acceptance is a good thing, but it must be coupled with refusal to settle for anything less than constant self improvement, or it becomes an excuse to stagnate and hide from one's fears, responsibilities and life. That happens far too often these days.

The natural path of a leader is to accept himself as he is, assess his weaknesses, and do what he needs to do to strengthen, refine, reshape, improve and master himself. Even if it's scary. Even if it's not always pleasant. Because he knows that it is his responsibility to himself and those he leads to do so. The highest form of alpha is the alpha who refuses to settle for "good enough".

So while I agree with you, I think we have some different definitions. Instead of being what others tell you to be (I believe this is what you mean by change, and this is a very beta behavior, born in insecurity), I am talking about taking what and who you already are and making it into it's highest positive potential. That's the goal of Alpha male. And that seems to be what you are saying as well.

Subliminals work by introducing ideas to your subconscious mind until it accepts them as true. Once it begins accepting them as true, it begins acting on them as being true, and they become true. The truth of these new ideas was always there, but the action of acting on them as truth was not. So the change is not being made by the subs, but by the listener, and the change is not becoming X, but accepting X as true and by doing so, acting on it's truth to manifest it. The truth was always there, but the action made it come forth into expression.

Everything the program is designed to do, you can therefore manifest as true by acceptance, action on that acceptance, and thus creating the resulting expression of that truth. The acceptance, the action, the allowing, is always within you, and always your own choice; the subiminal does nothing more than present new ideas.

When I was younger, I was dealing with a lot of negativity. I was (and still am) physically the smallest framed person in my family. I developed crossed eyes when I was around 3 to 5 years old. I have an exceptionally high IQ. I had dyslexia and became extremely nearsighted. And I am covered in freckles. All these things made me different, and targets of ridicule. Negativity from those around me who chose to tear me down because I was different.

I was told I was a wierdo. A freak. A loser. Weak, worthless, useless, incompetent. My third grade teacher told my mother I was retarded. If my mother hadn't stood up for me (she was a special ed teacher, so she knew well the difference between exceptionally high and low IQ), got me the therapy to overcome the dyslexia, got me glasses and surgery to correct my crossed eyes, and then forced me to keep going with my education until I actually learned how to read, learned how to multiply, learned how to do all the things I initially couldn't do because of one or more of these challenges or what someone told me that I accepted as true, I would surely have ended up dead of a drug overdose long ago.

And the adversity didn't end there. Even after that, my family (and sometimes my own mother) was tearing me down constantly. Hammering the loser, useless, clueless, helpless, worthless.

And yet, here I am. I am the foremost producer of the most powerful and advanced subliminals in the world, as far as I can tell. I am succeeding in a business that I was laughed at and ridiculed for. The people who ridiculed me, now envy me. They see me waking up when I want to, working when I want to, playing when I want to, eating what I want, where I want, with whom I want, spending money they don't have, or don't have to spend as they please. They realize now that I am capable of doing anything I choose to do. And I choose to succeed.

What's the difference between the me now, and the pathetic wretch who started this journey?

It all comes down to the changes I have had in what I believe. Those changes in belief led to changes in action and reaction, which led to changes in everything else. But I am still the same person! What is here typing this, is still Shannon. The same Shannon who experienced all those things, which is why I remember them. But I am a purer, stronger, more versatile and more refined version of him. I am an example of his higher potential, and I am becoming a higher potential still.

The subs don't change you. They only present you with ideas. Once you accept those ideas as true, you act on them as true, and their truth becomes manifest. But it was always there, or else it could not become manifest!

I, as I am now, have always been within "Shannon", regardless of what age you look at. When I was 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35... all of those "me's" had this potential, and I as I am now have the potential of that multi-millionaire I am becoming, and the billionaire I am becoming, and the discoverer, and the father and maybe husband, and everything else I will go on to become and express. It's all here now... just latent and unmanifest. The difference between me now and me then is what we believe, what we have therefore done, and what we have manifested as true.

Did the subliminals do that? No. They presented me with ideas. I did the rest.
Hey Ben, I managed to find the original thread, here: https://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-What-...Alpha-male

Shannon's response is a couple comments down. I've updated the link in shannon's post above.
Very good, thanks Steve.