Subliminal Talk

Full Version: AP code - buying as a gift?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Shannon,

I'd like to know if buying a program for my parents would trigger AP codes. They do not understand English too well so I just sent them the script, to help them understand better. Would giving them the file trigger AP code? Please let me me know thanks.
(02-16-2016, 08:47 PM)Jakeb203 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Shannon,

I'd like to know if buying a program for my parents would trigger AP codes. They do not understand English too well so I just sent them the script, to help them understand better. Would giving them the file trigger AP code? Please let me me know thanks.

If you want to use a program by yourself AND by your parents, you simply have to purchase 2 copies. If it is only for your parents, you purchase a copy, give it to them and delete from your hard drive/device. But as far I understand you can give the copy only to one of your parents. But the other one can listen, too, while the person you gave it is also in this room.
This is why Shannon has never found real success yet. He's too stubborn to realize it, but once he stops living in fear and greed then he has a real shot, but until then nothing will help him.

Anderson is right, you have to buy the same sub twice, one for each parent or they'll "pay for it" in some unknown threatening way.

Here's what Shannon said about it:

"I would strongly suggest not pirating my stuff. Those who want to believe they can circumvent or ignore my anti-piracy code don't get a free pass just for being ignorant fools. They just deal with the consequences of their actions in different ways, which they may not be intelligent or aware enough to notice or understand. But rest assured, had they intelligence and wisdom, they would rather pay for it than steal it from me. There is no way around it."

And yes, in his eyes you buying the sub for your parents is piracy unless you buy 2 copies so I'd recommend not buying for them unless you buy 2 copies and you do not keep a copy yourself.

It's his company he can do what he wants, but like I said, he will never find any real success until he stops living in fear and greed.

I know I personally will never buy another sub from him until he grows up.
Personally I don't plan on using it as most of OGSF is contained in multi stages. I plan on running multistage a for quite a while, so I wouldn't be using it for now.

Would I still need to buy two copies? Shannon should answer my questions. How this thing works and how this will threaten my parents. I need to know this to give them for use. I don't want negative consequences as it is intended to help them.
(02-19-2016, 09:33 AM)TheRealJustin Wrote: [ -> ]It's his company he can do what he wants, but like I said, he will never find any real success until he stops living in fear and greed.

I know I personally will never buy another sub from him until he grows up.

First off, I just don't know if you're stubborn or if you just like to cause trouble. Either way, you just don't seem to get that we completely understand your point of view, that you don't like how he runs his business in regards to the anti-piracy code. But there is no need to keep bringing this up, you have made you position very clear, now just move on from discussing it.

How is he being greedy? He has a right to be paid for the work he does. He also has the legal right to protect his products, no matter how you spin your argument. However, at the same time, it doesn't give you the right to call him a fear monger and greedy. You are telling us that you won't buy any products from him until he grows up? You need to look at your post again before you say that he needs to grow up. You are resorting to using underling attacks on him in a more subtle way.
Good job Justin.. I knew it would only be a matter of time. Now you have a permanent ban.