Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Suggestions for replacing lost iPod?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My iPod Touch 5G 32GB fell out of my pocket on the train. Besides calling the train's lost and found department and activating Find My iPod, would anyone here happen to have suggestions on how to recover it? It cost me $400 when I bought it and I don't have the money to get a new one otherwise I apparently wouldn't care as much.

I'm actually shocked at how calm I'm being about it right now considering what happened.
(02-07-2016, 01:28 PM)yeah! Wrote: [ -> ]If you're so inclined, every time you remember it you can visualise yourself holding it again and cheering or being very happy etc.

I didn't spend $400 on it to feel good about myself, I bought it as a device for iOS app development. I don't know what this specific suggestion was intended to accomplish, as I'm looking for useful, practical advice on retrieving it without spending another $400 that I don't have to get a new one.

(02-07-2016, 01:28 PM)yeah! Wrote: [ -> ]You could use a internet notice board to appeal to people to return it.

If I find something local to Yonkers, sure, I'll do this.

(02-07-2016, 01:28 PM)yeah! Wrote: [ -> ]You could try to leave posters/signs on some of the main stations on the line where you lost it.

If I have access to paper and tape (I currently don't), sure, I'll do this.

(02-07-2016, 01:28 PM)yeah! Wrote: [ -> ]Was it locked and are they easy to break into?

It was not locked. Apparently I also didn't activate the Find My iPod/iPhone service on that device, so any Apple online recovery services are no-go.

(02-07-2016, 01:28 PM)yeah! Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have lots of subs on there with the full title and all information on there? I often wondered how this affects APCode. Obviously you wouldn't be punished for losing it, but they might be put up on pirate sights.

I don't have a lot of subs on it, but I had apps on it that I use relatively often (including my habit tracker) and videos to watch.

(02-07-2016, 01:28 PM)yeah! Wrote: [ -> ]As a side note I actually strip back all information of subs to be copied onto devices including copyright statemant to protect Shannon's intellectual property. Really folks would just think, this guy likes to listen to a stream sound, or maybe he needs this song to pee.

I'll keep that tactic in mind for the future.
I'm using Transcend mp3 player, works great, up to 20khz. just about $50