Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Subscribing to this thread question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently subscribed to Shannon's Journal Discussion, however when there are new posts, I don't get an email. I am currently subscribed to a few of them but I don't receive a email, telling that there are new posts.

Anyone else having this same problem?
[Image: fd376d34cf0cdea83eefb9547a405983.png]

You must have selected the middle option. Hope it helps.
(02-01-2016, 08:14 PM)LeonidasXVI Wrote: [ -> ][Image: fd376d34cf0cdea83eefb9547a405983.png]

You must have selected the middle option. Hope it helps.

Yep I have done that already but still no emails show up.
I've had the same kind of thing happen.

For example, I'm subscribed to my journal. However, I only randomly get notification emails.

I think the reason could be, if you are logged into the site, and online, you don't get notifications. Since I have a tab open and am on it often, this must be why.
(02-02-2016, 06:14 AM)CatMan Wrote: [ -> ]I've had the same kind of thing happen.

For example, I'm subscribed to my journal. However, I only randomly get notification emails.

I think the reason could be, if you are logged into the site, and online, you don't get notifications. Since I have a tab open and am on it often, this must be why.

Oh good I am glad that I am not the only one who has this problem.
CatMan is correct. Having used MyBB before and having read and understood its code, I can say for certain that notifications do not get queued while you are considered "active" (usually within "the last 5-15 mins" but is configurable). I don't know what Shannon/Andrew/Ben have set it to for this board, but I get emails within 10 or 15 mins of "inactivity" (anything past the above 5-15 min mark is considered "inactive"), and if I remember correctly the queuing of emails is run every X mins (e.g. checks every 10-15 mins if there's a "new post" and runs the list of subscribers and notifies them if they're "inactive").