Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Absolute Self Discipline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just like the name says! I feel that self-discipline is the difference between success and failure in life, especially considering that your focused attention and habits end up creating your reality.

Therefore, a subliminal that helps you develop one of the most useful habits period (Self-discipline) would be of great use to everyone!
great idea.
im surprised this hasn't caught attention. super important. everybody wants girls and sex. thats nice. but you can use self discipline to getting anything you want. you can direct self discipline to get girls, to get money, to get anything. have a plan and stick to it until you get what you want, whatever it is. if plan fails, change plan until it works. self discipline is the key to this. i think this is an important foundation of success. persistence and determination too. for example, having the self discipline to stick to a sub long enough instead of switching frequently. i have to admit, i have some self discipline problems too but im working on it. great improvement but long way to go.
Discipline is kind of tricky, as in more and more recent ideas are that it's an expendable resource. Basically you use fuel every time you resist something through willpower.

Probably a good way to go about is to subliminally create new habits that coincide with the desired goal. Just having awesome discipline sounds very amazing, but no one has super discipline across the board. The mind seems to need outlets and weak moments to allow itself to recharge and refuel.
discipline does not have to be perfect. you dont have to get 10 out of 10 every time. maybe 7, 8 or 9 out of 10 consistently. before, i beat myself everytime i fall. like i aim 10 out 10. when i miss 1, i beat myself up. i learned this was a bad concept. so now, if i slip, i forgive myself and pick myself up again. what i also learned is start small. do it consistently. then add some in increments. do it consistently. when you fall, stand up again. keep doing it. i used to have the worst self control. all plans fail because i cant follow through. i started focusing on one thing and making sure i do that one thing per day. once im doing it consistently, i add more things. what probably makes discipline hard is setting too high goals too fast, too soon. when you dont have the capacity yet. have to start building capacity first. false expectations is just setting yourself up for failure. when you fail, you have to forgive yourself and adjust your goals. you have to build it in increments to make it last, at least from my experience.
Yeah you want to build up that reserve of willpower. Small things like you said. Implementing small habits that would help a person develop their reserves would probably work well.
For reference, the famous study of willpower as an expendable and rechargeable resource was done by Roy Baumeister, for anyone who wants to read it like I did.
it would be helpful to have a sub that will help you have military levels of self discipline. as for me, i was not the most disciplined person. very bad control. sabotaged myself everytime cause i cannot follow through. i have to be very strategic in handling this issue, thats why i have to do it in increments. there are some people though, who have naturally strong willpower. and easier for them to discipline themselves in achieving their objectives/goals as soon as they identify their target goal. for example, my little sister. she sees a goal and go straight for it. to be honest, for a long time, i envied these people. they seem to get whatever they want simply because they have the discipline to follow through whatever goal they set. i grew up and learned some things. while i do not have extreme self discipline to do whatever i want in the fastest manner possible. i have slip-ups which makes it slower. but i now have enough for me to have confidence, that with time, i will get it. just slower. i just need enough time. now that i think about it, persistence, determination, resilience and tenacity are also very important.
(02-02-2016, 03:41 PM)Eslima5 Wrote: [ -> ]it would be helpful to have a sub that will help you have military levels of self discipline. as for me, i was not the most disciplined person. very bad control. sabotaged myself everytime cause i cannot follow through. i have to be very strategic in handling this issue, thats why i have to do it in increments. there are some people though, who have naturally strong willpower. and easier for them to discipline themselves in achieving their objectives/goals as soon as they identify their target goal. for example, my little sister. she sees a goal and go straight for it. to be honest, for a long time, i envied these people. they seem to get whatever they want simply because they have the discipline to follow through whatever goal they set. i grew up and learned some things. while i do not have extreme self discipline to do whatever i want in the fastest manner possible. i have slip-ups which makes it slower. but i now have enough for me to have confidence, that with time, i will get it. just slower. i just need enough time. now that i think about it, persistence, determination, resilience and tenacity are also very important.

Yeah +1 from me to discipline combined with the ultra motivation sub would be amazing!
+1 I would love to see this subliminal