Subliminal Talk

Full Version: just wondering about bluetooth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If my cell phone is being used as a bluetooth device, and listening to the sub on this particular phone caused 'static' to be heard and using the new stereo system, connecting to the cell phone to listen to the sub via bluetooth so now I hear about 1 % of static on high volume (ultrasonic tones) on my stereo system; should I do away with the cell phone and listen to it non cell phone connecting with bluetooth; so the static will stop? basically not even use a device with bluetooth where the static is originating from

static is rare it happens very infrequently but will fade out as the volume is lowered
Static is sign that its too high volume. Same thing happens to my speakers. Too loud and cracking noise happens. Just lower volume.
(12-21-2015, 04:26 AM)Eslima5 Wrote: [ -> ]Static is sign that its too high volume. Same thing happens to my speakers. Too loud and cracking noise happens. Just lower volume.

Oh so then I could listen from any device?? I thought that static production from the stereo or any device, you shouldnt use because it cannot handle 20 khz capability?

Basically any device that outputs static is not 20khz worthy and should not be used so thats why Shannon says to buy something that can handle 20 khz which will never output a static sound even on max volume
Static is almost always a byproduct of raising the volume so loud the output cannot handle them, so there is "clipping." This is most commonly when volume control is done in software mixing (i.e. you drag the volume slider on your audio player app) which commonly has artificial limitations usually based on some -1.0 to +1.0 range, rather than through hardware (i.e. you adjust a volume knob on your stereo system).
(12-21-2015, 01:28 PM)apollolux Wrote: [ -> ]Static is almost always a byproduct of raising the volume so loud the output cannot handle them, so there is "clipping." This is most commonly when volume control is done in software mixing (i.e. you drag the volume slider on your audio player app) which commonly has artificial limitations usually based on some -1.0 to +1.0 range, rather than through hardware (i.e. you adjust a volume knob on your stereo system).

Okay but keep it at an appropriate volume will be good even for a cell phone that produces static on high volume. Is that basically what you are getting at? Because that is how I am understanding what you are saying that using anything that produces static is okay when played at a appropriate volume without over maxing it.

But would destroy the purpose of buying something that is 20 khz if you can still listen from a system that only handles under 20 khz at a proper volume range that does not output static.
(12-21-2015, 02:03 PM)hiddenalias Wrote: [ -> ]Okay but keep it at an appropriate volume will be good even for a cell phone that produces static on high volume. Is that basically what you are getting at? Because that is how I am understanding what you are saying that using anything that produces static is okay when played at a appropriate volume without over maxing it.

If the volume is properly calibrated and there is still static, there is a problem either with the file (possible corruption on transfer), the player app, or the hardware itself. If other files play fine in the same app on the same device, then rule out a bad file transfer first, then if there's still static even with good headphones plugged in assume the device is not capable of outputting the high frequencies advertised.

So! Once again, the order is: check the volume first and confirm it is or isn't the volume, then check the app with other files and confirm it is or isn't the app, then re-transfer the sub and confirm you moved it ok, then try with headphones guaranteed to have worked to confirm it is or isn't the phone's speakers vs. the headphone jack, THEN through process of elimination the problem will be revealed as the phone not outputting the necessary high frequencies.
(12-21-2015, 02:16 PM)apollolux Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2015, 02:03 PM)hiddenalias Wrote: [ -> ]Okay but keep it at an appropriate volume will be good even for a cell phone that produces static on high volume. Is that basically what you are getting at? Because that is how I am understanding what you are saying that using anything that produces static is okay when played at a appropriate volume without over maxing it.

If the volume is properly calibrated and there is still static, there is a problem either with the file (possible corruption on transfer), the player app, or the hardware itself. If other files play fine in the same app on the same device, then rule out a bad file transfer first, then if there's still static even with good headphones plugged in assume the device is not capable of outputting the high frequencies advertised.

So! Once again, the order is: check the volume first and confirm it is or isn't the volume, then check the app with other files and confirm it is or isn't the app, then re-transfer the sub and confirm you moved it ok, then try with headphones guaranteed to have worked to confirm it is or isn't the phone's speakers vs. the headphone jack, THEN through process of elimination the problem will be revealed as the phone not outputting the necessary high frequencies.

Thanks for breaking it down; I know it doesn't take a rocket scientist or einstein to figure it out but I just felt contradicted when Shannon talks about stereo systems that can handle 20 khz are the only units that should be used and then you (the way I felt) made it sound like it doesn't have to have 20 khz capability as long as you can keep it at comfortable hearing volume where you don't hear static it will be just as good.

Other than that at least this will help anybody in the future who has the same question to come look at this post to give them their answer (probably wasn't asked before so I guess I did some service to post a question like this becuz I bet you it will come up again with any new members coming to find answers about this and at least it will be here). Tongue