Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Fear of defending myself in a fight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Dr. Shannon

I am doubt myself when I have to protect myself and my loved ones.

Can you please write a sub to help with this ? I suggest calling it "Fearless Warrior 5G"

Peace
This sounds like something directly dealt with in OF.

OF 5G is the next program in the pipeline. So there's your program right there Big Grin.
If you are talking in the context of Martial Arts, then I suggest that you simply practice defense more. It's natural how someone first begins to learn Martial Arts that they are afraid of people's attacks. Try simply to block with whatever styles you are learning, and the more you spar with others, the more automated your reaction gets.
^ What both of them said.

You have fear. Run OF until it's gone and learn a martial art of some kind to know consciously that you'll be able to defend yourself and your family
Fearless Warrior would have been the best selling sub in the Roman Empire. Big Grin

As others said, OF is the way to go!
Nope , I ve had the same fear. Which I came to the conclusion MLS 5G is the best choice after or before OF 4G or 5G so you can teach yourself a style of martial arts. Personally I like Tai Chi , wing Chun and akido. Wing Chun is or was Bruce Lee's foundation.
Mixed Martial Arts. Upvote

Muay Thai, Boxing, BJJ. Most practical styles you will ever need.
There's a lot of fear/ shame in this thread lol. It doesn't make you any less of a man to just walk away. Self control will get you what you want. AM6 should help this.
Having more confidence would also help.
(12-01-2015, 07:23 AM)Guider Wrote: [ -> ]There's a lot of fear/ shame in this thread lol. It doesn't make you any less of a man to just walk away. Self control will get you what you want. AM6 should help this.

It's not about choosing to walk away, it's about the times when walking away doesn't work and one is being forced into a combative situation. Hence, self-defense is necessary in such an instance.