Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Speakers: one each side of bed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am finally going to start a sub (BIATW 7.1) and I've bought some stereo speakers.

I am going to listen to the subs mostly while asleep. So my question is if I should have one speaker on each side of the bed or is it okay to have both on one side?
I never thought of that.

I've been listening to Alpha for probably about 6 months. (Both 2010 and 2011.) and both my speakers are on one side of the bed and it has been working very well.

So I don't think there's a problem.

-Ben
It's not necessary to have them on opposite sides of your bed. But, it will be slightly more effective, since that gives proper stereo effect.
Yes, it is very much important to place your sub-woofer in a particular place to listen a surround sound. As you are enjoy listing a music while sleeping, it is not so important to place your stereo speaker on each side of your bed rather you can place them on the two side of your system and manage the volume/bass level as for your choice. It would be great if you have a five in one home theater systems and place your four sub-woofer at the four corner of the room and the main speaker with the system this you really give you a surround sound and I believe your thinking of music will be changed.
What about if u have dock speakers? They can't be placed one on each side
And what if they are placed in opposite order. Like left speaker at right ear and right speaker at left ear.

And what if the speakers are at my feet instead of my head.

I am not making it difficult. I am just short of usb wire. Once I get it , I will fix it. But still want to know the answers to my questions.