Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Your voice, versus mine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im almost certain that this has been discussed somewhere on the forum, but cannot find anything at the moment.

I was curious as how effective for you, your programming has been, in comparison to others whom are using your technology such as friends, and what their results have been.

I can only assume that the subs work 100x better for you than for anyone else since you've recorded them yourself, but wanted to hear your opinion when/if you have the chance.
Using one's own voice is more effective than using someone else's voice, but it is not so much more effective that I can justify recording my own subliminal audio scripts for my personal use.

I don't record these scripts using my own voice, I use a very expensive industrial text to speech reader program and some very high quality voices. This allows me to record in less than an hour, at a very low cost, and consistently, what would otherwise require days or even weeks and hundreds or thousands of dollars in voice talent and audio processing. The cost is slightly less effective subliminals - somewhere between 3 to 5% less effective than if I were to record using human voice, I would say. The benefit is that you guys get much more bang for your buck, and you get more subliminals as well.

Some of these programs have scripts so huge that it would take me a week just to record the script in one gender, and of course after you record it you have to process, edit, etc. Imagine it taking me literally a month just to record and process the audio for AM6, and at a cost of $4,000-$5,000 for the voice talent. Or, I can use the TTS reader and get 95 to 97% as good results in 3-4 hours, for just a few hundred dollars (the whole price of the software and voices).

If these scripts were in 1st or even 2nd Gen format, recording in my own voice would be reasonable. Beyond that, though... it's not. 3rd Gen and beyond usually uses vocalization of the script in both genders as long as the program is not intended for just one gender, and even 3rd Gen scripts are long enough to make it challenging to record them and process the audio in a reasonable amount of time and cost.

When I have done experiments with voice of the listener vs voice of me or a TTS reader, I found that results depended on a lot of factors. When people recorded the script in their own voice, it had to be done in the right way, or the results were worse. When they listened to a male voice not their own, results were not as good. Female voice not their own was slightly better, but still not as good. And the TTS reader? Surprisingly, it scored slightly worse than human voice for those who were not resistant, and slightly better for those who were. I suspect that's because there was not as much of the "Don't tell me what to do!" reaction to a voice that was not associated completely with a human being.

All in all, there was not much variance in effectiveness relative to the source of the voice unless it was done in the person's own voice, and the right timbre, cadence, attitude, flow, inflection, speed and so forth were used.. But there is a huge difference in the cost/reward ratio, where the best results were the hardest to get by far and only gave a relatively minor improvement in return, while the worst results were only slightly less good than the best, but at a huge reduction in time, cost and difficulty.

In the end, it made sense to use a TTS reader, and I have been doing so since around 2005.
This sounds sweet (pun intended). Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing which voice you used for AM6 Smile ?
Interesting
(08-15-2015, 08:53 AM)4Kingdoms Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2015, 01:28 PM)IceAlive Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds sweet (pun intended). Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing which voice you used for AM6 Smile ?

Shannon answered this in Post #2 of this thread. Last sentence.

(08-14-2015, 08:38 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]In the end, it made sense to use a TTS reader, and I have been doing so since around 2005.

TTS readers allow you to choose what voice plays back from a variety of digital voices; Mac OS X, for example, allows you to choose from Kathy, Vicki, and Victoria for females, and Alex, Bruce, and Fred for males. IceAlive's question was not answered by that statement, 4Kingdoms.
The voices I have been happiest with so far for naturalness and quality have been Mike16 and Crystal16. I believe they're by AT&T but I bought the license long enough ago that I don't remember. They're not perfect, but they're better than the alternatives I have seen, and they totally destroy the voices I had been using before.