Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Listening to Sub using cloud streaming service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I just realized that I forgot to put my subs on my phone before I left the country.... Sad What a sad mistake... :@

Since I don't have access to my desktop, I can't put a music on my iphone (can't sync to itunes..... Apple can be annoying like this sometimes).

Thus, I was looking at using cloud services to listen to the sub. I found a few cloud services where I can upload the sub file and listen to it using the cloud streaming services.

My concern is that whether the streaming service would alter the audio file like compressing it while listening to the file using the streaming service.

Should I take this risk and listen to the sub, or should I take a break from the listening until I go back? And BTW, it will be more than a month away.....

Well, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance. Smile
(07-02-2015, 05:26 AM)sw72hw Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I just realized that I forgot to put my subs on my phone before I left the country.... Sad What a sad mistake... :@

Since I don't have access to my desktop, I can't put a music on my iphone (can't sync to itunes..... Apple can be annoying like this sometimes).

Thus, I was looking at using cloud services to listen to the sub. I found a few cloud services where I can upload the sub file and listen to it using the cloud streaming services.

My concern is that whether the streaming service would alter the audio file like compressing it while listening to the file using the streaming service.

Should I take this risk and listen to the sub, or should I take a break from the listening until I go back? And BTW, it will be more than a month away.....

Well, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance. Smile

Hi there!

I don't like either option in the poll so I'll post alternative for you Smile.

First, I don't understand something. What do you mean about Apple being annoying and that you can't sync the subs over to your phone? Is it some issue with iTunes? I use an alternate program to sync my phone that I find works much better, called CopyTrans Control Center, it's excellent and I recommend it to all. You aren't tied to iTunes any longer! Big Grin

I wouldn't get into uploading to cloud sites to stream...to much of a chance of subliminal audio being destroyed or ruined somehow.

No matter what, you can't miss a month of listening that's HUGE and can greatly affect your results if you take a large period off the subs. I'd recommend one of two options, pick which is best for your situation:

1. Purchase an inexpensive stereo mp3 player back home, maybe headphones if needed. Have someone load the files onto it, and ship it to wherever you are.

2. Go to an internet cafe wherever you are, or a friend in the country with a computer, and login to the IML site and redownload the files, then use CopyTrans Control Center to put onto your phone.

*3.* And next time...be SURE you have your subs before you go anywhere. Integrate them into your life. These are life changing, but if they're in another country than you, they aren't of much use Wink.

That should help you out of this predicament.
+1 for copytrans. I fucking hate itunes!
(07-02-2015, 06:39 AM)CatMan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!

I don't like either option in the poll so I'll post alternative for you Smile.

First, I don't understand something. What do you mean about Apple being annoying and that you can't sync the subs over to your phone? Is it some issue with iTunes?

Dear CatMan,

Yes, I was meaning the annoyance with iTunes. It can be convenient, but with too many constraints, it causes more trouble.

(07-02-2015, 06:39 AM)CatMan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!

I use an alternate program to sync my phone that I find works much better, called CopyTrans Control Center, it's excellent and I recommend it to all. You aren't tied to iTunes any longer! Big Grin

I will look into this program. Thank you for the information.

(07-02-2015, 06:39 AM)CatMan Wrote: [ -> ]*3.* And next time...be SURE you have your subs before you go anywhere. Integrate them into your life. These are life changing, but if they're in another country than you, they aren't of much use Wink.

And yes, I will try not to let stuff like this happen again.

Again, thank you for your opinion and the information. Wink