Subliminal Talk

Full Version: How soon can I start AM6 round 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finished AM6 three days ago, and gotten mixed answers about how much time to take off before starting AM6 for a second, consecutive run. What is the definitive answer?
Immediately if you want bad enough
That doesn't seem right. I heard it was at least a week but some said a month.
I think Shannon recommends a month. And I think it's because there are opening statements like "I am becoming" and then closing statements like "I have now become" that create permanence. And having a new set of opening statements too soon after closing statements might ruin some of the permanence. But I'm just speculating.
A week is enough to let the mind settle he's said often. Then restart the program from the beginning. No shame in a redo, it's a great program. I'm glad you're doing another run since you aren't satisfied with the first. So many guys I see move on prematurely due to impatience and neediness for women and the next program fails because they didn't listen to Shannon about having a strong AM foundation FIRST.

Good for you for bucking the trend.
Anywhere from a week or two to a month. It's up to you, a little time to settle is better than going straight into it again.

I learnt that from experience. I would never take a break. But I noticed on my week off AM6 where it settled in I felt the most Alpha and confident I ever have.
@CatMan
I have been reading about the guys you're referring to since I joined these forums! I will run the damn thing 3 times if I have to. It's too important to neglect.

@Benjamin
I planned at least 7 days. I'm monitoring how I feel in terms of solidification.

So I could start up again as early as this Saturday. This leads to my next question:

I know that my second run of AM6 will be interrupted during Stage 3 when I go for surgery in September. I expect to miss 3-5 days of listening. Here's what the AM6 instructions state about missed exposure time:

Missing less than a week, add that much time to the end of the 32 days you would normally have used it. Missing more than a week, but less than 32 days, you’ll have to start over with the volume you have been missing exposure to. If you get to more than 32 days without exposure at all, you should start over from the beginning.

So I would simply extend Stage 3 by the number of days that I miss. Easy enough, but I'm still concerned about the potential impact that missing 3-5 days can have—especially during the formative 3rd Stage. Can anybody speak to this?
Yeah, good for you! Shannon had to run AM many times, no shame in it. We're all coming from different places. AM needs up to 3 runs for a good chunk of it to be permanent he's said. Now, that was said before AM6 came out, so it'd likely be less than that now, but sticking to 3 runs is a good policy I feel. It depends on your past, how many hours you get with headphones as they're by FAR the best way to listen I've found, and how many hours you do each day etc. So don't worry about having to do a rerun or two. On topic though, Shannon has said before that if you miss a day, add 1.5 days onto the time you would normally listen. So, the way I see it, you have two options:

1. Start after the 7 day period as planned, and when you are done healing from surgery, start back up again and add on the time based on the "miss one day, then add 1.5 days onto your listening time".

2. Start after the 7 day period as planned, but do the AM6 refresher until surgery. After surgery, start the program from scratch.

While I think either of my options are good, I would personally do option one. Like the instructions say, it's better to do the actual program until you've gone through it at least two or three times before you rely on the refresher. That's another mistake I see guys doing a lot, out of impatience and laziness...Anyway, I've missed a few days in the past, life happens! My family had some serious health issues to contend with, and it would've been completely inappropriate to have headphones on during it. I redid the schedule based on the rule above, and as you know, my run was sterling!