Subliminal Talk

Full Version: 18+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question probably for Andrew. How come there's 18+ only in the men's forum section. You sell 18+ programs for women but how are we suppose to discuss them to see if they work if we don't have anywhere to do that???? Seems a little one sided to me mister! lol
(02-18-2011, 04:57 AM)Patti Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question probably for Andrew. How come there's 18+ only in the men's forum section. You sell 18+ programs for women but how are we suppose to discuss them to see if they work if we don't have anywhere to do that???? Seems a little one sided to me mister! lol

Would you like an additional 18+ area for ladies? I just don't want to designate the whole women's section as 18+. The men's only is because the majority of our male users want to discuss those things. But if the ladies would like one as well I'll be happy to make one. I could also make it private to female only, but I didn't have people designate gender while signing up so that could be tricky.
Honestly mate I think this making it female only is bs. They are happy and free to read our stuff but then complain when we hear what they really say to each other.

It's like, a man goes to a woman's gym and gets kicked out, everything is okay. A woman goes to a mans gym and is kicked out and she makes a big thing of it and everyone thinks it's discrimination.
I personally don't think it makes sense to have a "private" section that excludes one gender or another. This is a public forum, and that smacks of being unnecessary and sexism to me, which I'm not going to go along with in either direction. But there's no reason we can't have an 18+ section for women. I'll create a general 18+ section, but if nobody uses it, it may be removed later. We might want to put the women's journals that are not 18+ in the User Journals section and remove the women's non-18+ journal section.
Well I do think we ladies need a place to talk about our chapstick fet...er...um...I mean our desire for chapstick. Blush

But in all seriousness, I don't think anyone's trying to exclude men. I personally have "no filter" and have no trouble saying anything to anyone....My halo's always a bit tilted :angel: But, there may be some women out there that would feel uncomfortable talking about some of the more sensitive personal things that woman need to talk about. Sometimes women don't find it as easy to speak about certain things as men do.

I would go along with Andrew in making it a woman's only place with perhaps Jackie over-seeing...(cause ya need just one more thing to do, right jackie?!) But because of the work that would have to go into it, I think it would be pertinent to find out if indeed it would get actually used.

So far, this seems more to be a man's forum...I don't see many posts from women, so I don't know who's out there listening or wanting to make comments.

Any input from any ladies would be appreciated!
Yeah Shannon, you said it a bit less harshly than me.

Having a forum where both men and women can read each others posts could be a good learning experience for both sides, instead of everyone being private.
I do agree with that Ben but I have a feeling it won't make any differance cause I don't know if there's any other women on this forum other than myself, Jackie and SarahUndecided
And case in point, Patti just left a great post in my journal that I really liked, and if it was private that wouldn't have been able to happen. Smile

-Ben
HEY....no fair using my post against me "MATE"! lmao but touche', you win...ding ding ding. Tongue
I think having an open 18+ for both men and women is a great idea while still offering the option of the men's only and women's only. I think of it like the gym as well...there's the gym for both men and women, but some people prefer to work out alone or go to a gender specific gym where they're more comfortable. To accomodate everyone, we should offer all 3 options. Same thing with the forum. This isn't about being sexist, it's about respecting people's privacy and their comfort levels. So,we leave it up to the customer to decide which section they'd rather post in. It's like offering a vegan menu option at most restaurants.....we want everyone to feel at ease and that their needs are met and cared about. If we want people's feedback about intimate and sometimes sensitive subjects for people to talk about, then we need to create whatever atmosphere they're most comfortable sharing in.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it! And Patti, I caught that remark referring to my chapstick fetish! LOL! Cracked me up!