Subliminal Talk

Full Version: masked subliminal query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I listen to the masked subliminal through headphones and i mute any other device i am using for example laptop, tv,..etc

but i really dont like muting my laptop while playing games, can i listen to the masked subliminal and game music or tv news at same time?

because i would increase game music such that even while wearing headphones and listening to the sub i could hear the gaming music.

Will it decrease the effects of subliminal?
Please reply as soon as possible?
If you're using headphones via your laptop, you don't need to turn off the volume if you are using the TV. However, if you play games on the same laptop. You've got to lower the volume of music/games/whatever in the laptop is far below the volume of subs, because decreasing the effect. Why don't you use headphones through another device?, for example, you could use headphones via the iPod when playing games on the laptop. It would be fine (but not fun). The best solution, you can use the track ultrasonic via speaker, and you'll be fine (and more enjoyable).
Wahyu, the volume is ony necessary to adjust if you're using masked subs. And even then you don't have to lower it far below that of the subs. For instance, if you were using a game with the ocean surf track, the rule of thumb is, you have to be able to hear at least faintly the lowest volume areas of the ocean surf masking track. Same with the trickling stream track.

But if you use ultrasonic, you don't need to worry regardless. Just calibrate volume for it, and do whatever you like otherwise. It'll be just fine as long as you're getting both the game/movie audio and the subliminal audio through the speakers or headphones.

We recommend speakers only when using ultrasonics, though, as it is easy to overvolume them and not know it.
Thank you Shannon, when I adjust the volume of the track ocean surf, I could not hear 3 seconds after minutes to 9:57 even though I've set the speaker volume to a higher position. is the audio is silent at that 3 seconds?
There is an older masking track which has a three second silence at some point, and the newer one that is intended to fix that. It does not affect the usefulness of the program if you have one with that gap. Not everything that used the older masking track got upgraded.
Thanks, I got it.
On the masked ocean track I can hear these beeps in the right ear, I've been wondering what that is? Also shouldn't the -30dB rule apply to headphones with ultrasonic? Just put cell phone up to the ear pad to see if its -30dB to -40dB and you're good to go right?
I haven't heard any beeps in the ocean surf, but I remember others reporting it. Does it happen often?

Ultrasonic isn't recommended on headphones, it's too easy to mess up the volume. Too low can reduce effectiveness or too high may potentially damage your hearing so we only recommend masked versions on headphones.
The beeps are faint, only noticeable during the dips in sound between the waves crashing. They're not annoying or bothersome though.
(04-20-2015, 04:40 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Wahyu, the volume is ony necessary to adjust if you're using masked subs. And even then you don't have to lower it far below that of the subs. For instance, if you were using a game with the ocean surf track, the rule of thumb is, you have to be able to hear at least faintly the lowest volume areas of the ocean surf masking track. Same with the trickling stream track.

But if you use ultrasonic, you don't need to worry regardless. Just calibrate volume for it, and do whatever you like otherwise. It'll be just fine as long as you're getting both the game/movie audio and the subliminal audio through the speakers or headphones.

We recommend speakers only when using ultrasonics, though, as it is easy to overvolume them and not know it.

Hello Shannon,

I am new here and trying 5.5g USLM from today.

I read the following online

"Without a doubt, ultrasonic subliminals have a number of advantages over the masked variety; and vice-versa. However, the majority of commercially sold subliminals are in the masked format as this layout is easier to make and has an extensive history of success – given that it is correctly made and utilized. The ultrasonic type is more difficult to create yet it is generally more effective for the reason that the subliminal message is considerably louder."

Is it true ultrasonic is better than masked versions?
Ultrasonic is slightly more powerful than masked, though it can depend on personality type. If you're someone who has more 'resistance' and hates being told what to do then masked can be a little gentler and sometimes more effective.

Sometimes softer and gentler is better for some people.