Subliminal Talk

Full Version: So I have a question (for particularly shannon).... hours vs days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So with Shannon's PM's disabled (no doubt would get many-many-many pm's per day)...

Well besides wanting to know how to buy that cologne you make, I have another question...

So basically my question is this.:exclamation:

Why the heck are we doing days (32) and not hours (24hrs - 3 for rest x 32 = 672 hours). I am by no means a subliminal expert or a subconscious mind expert. But lets just say that the subconscious is like space... very little is still known.

Of course this idea hits me while I am taking a shower (like all great ideas do) and I think "what the hell- why didn't I think of this before."

Truth be told, some of you can only do 8-10 hours per day. But you still gotta stick to that schedule so you may get less than optimum amount.

Who says the subconscious mind can tell days apart? I understand the theory that (what I was told) if you do something 21/32 times that it becomes habit. Okay...

However that is most likely some sort of action on our part (thinking, physical etc.)

Subliminals however are pumping our minds full of info and we are not really taking any progressive action to learn or to do something repetitive.

The other argument is that if stages (AM6 and so-on) are exceeded by the 32 day limit then it would throw things out of balance. (If one stage you get 10hrs per day for 32 days = 320. The next stage you only get 8 hours for 32 days = 256) I would think the hours are much more important than actual days.

Wouldn't you want to synchro all stages at the same approx hours overall?

Maybe my argument is invalid however,:idea: I was not even thinking of this and having this idea shoot into my head (compliments of my subconscious), to me means I may have the directions wrong.

I may choose to undertake this experiment from stage 4-6 do 672 hours (or approx) no matter how many days it takes.

Call it the Leo Method.:exclamation:Cool

/discuss
Maybe. Leo why don't you try it... Big Grin
Did I get my math right? 672? 3hrs rest or is it 2?
(04-07-2015, 11:12 PM)LeoistheSun Wrote: [ -> ]I would think the hours are much more important than actual days.

Wouldn't you want to synchro all stages at the same approx hours overall?

Maybe my argument is invalid however,:idea: I was not even thinking of this and having this idea shoot into my head (compliments of my subconscious), to me means I may have the directions wrong.

I may choose to undertake this experiment from stage 4-6 do 672 hours (or approx) no matter how many days it takes.

Call it the Leo Method.:exclamation:Cool

/discuss

You are supposed to listen to the same overall amount in each stage. I did that to the best I could when listening AM6.
If you start with ~10h then it's better to stick with ~10h. Unless you want some imbalance.
Right now I am not working, and only studying for an exam. Therefore I can clock in over 500 hours per stage. However I do not intend on staying this way forever. If I am at a job where I cannot listen, my overall hours will go down. This is why I don't like the current days idea.

I may hit 500 again in stage 4 however stage 5 may go down to 300.
If I understood it correct the the 32 days are important to make the programming long lasting. The subconscious is more willing to accept the change after a several amount of days.

I remember Shannon said once that it is not a good idea to decrease the hours in later stages because it will leave you unbalanced. Just increasing is ok. Decreasing by few hours wouldn't be that bad, but going from 500 to 300 is 40% less listening time.
This is why I intend on doing an experiment and instead going for an overall hour goal rather than a hrs. per day for x amount of days.
In the beginning I was operating on the understanding that 32 days was the minimum amount of time it takes to form a habit/long term tendency, learn something permanently, etc. Now that has been called into question by later and alternate research suggesting it may be 90 days, etc. We still use 32 days as a minimum for single stage programs and it also makes a good standard for time to use each stage of a multi-stage program.

Regardless of time it takes to form a habit, the end result is the same because the programs are designed to fit into and use this specification in several important directions. So instead of thinking you're being clever by using them X number of hours no matter how many days it takes, use them according to the instructions. In other words... I know what I am doing. Follow the directions.
(04-08-2015, 06:03 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]In the beginning I was operating on the understanding that 32 days was the minimum amount of time it takes to form a habit/long term tendency, learn something permanently, etc. Now that has been called into question by later and alternate research suggesting it may be 90 days, etc. We still use 32 days as a minimum for single stage programs and it also makes a good standard for time to use each stage of a multi-stage program.

Regardless of time it takes to form a habit, the end result is the same because the programs are designed to fit into and use this specification in several important directions. So instead of thinking you're being clever by using them X number of hours no matter how many days it takes, use them according to the instructions. In other words... I know what I am doing. Follow the directions.

Shannon, I'm sure you can understand that in a forum full of critical thinkers, most people won't be satisfied with a 'Do as you're told', but would rather know the exact reasoning and logic behind it.
In fact I've always been a bit unsatisfied with the whole, "never stop a sub before its finished as it will leave you unbalanced" and never knowing the exact mechanics of said unbalancing. I quit SM in stage 6 because I was tired of being unmotivated in my life and was super eager to start AM6 again, and have so far had no negative effects for doing so. So I'm really hoping you could shed some light on that.
I can answer that with my experience of Stage 5 of AM6.. Stage 5 I was becoming incredibly cocky to the point of where it was good initially but I was scaring girls off, now in Stage 6 it's evening out more. I can see that it was part of learning to not care about what others think as much but if I had left it at Stage 5 levels it would have been too much.
more listening time wont get you automatically better results more is not always better... it takes time to act on the ideas the subs bring to your mind its not only saving them in your brain as on your hard drive lol
That is true AfzalG.

However having identical listening hours would be the most optimal.

I will do as I am told this round.

However next round I will do it my way.

Without experimentation how will others know what is best for them??

For those with an active lifestyle- will no doubt = uneven hours.

It seems the overall consensus is the hours part. I don't see people saying "uneven days = uneven balance."

Shannon: I hardly think that I was "being cute" when I thought of this. Not everyone here gets benefits from subliminals. Perhaps it could be said that its from resistance. Sure that is an easy scapegoat. Or everyone's mind is different and different solutions work for other people.

I was not thinking of a way to undermine current efforts. Instead I am minding my own business when this idea pops into my head. Could be a message from my own subconscious to try something new.

I wont leave this stone unturned. I will try it and I will report about it- later.

*Do you have specific references to 32 days in the suggestions??*
(04-08-2015, 08:51 PM)robstar Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2015, 06:03 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]In the beginning I was operating on the understanding that 32 days was the minimum amount of time it takes to form a habit/long term tendency, learn something permanently, etc. Now that has been called into question by later and alternate research suggesting it may be 90 days, etc. We still use 32 days as a minimum for single stage programs and it also makes a good standard for time to use each stage of a multi-stage program.

Shannon, I'm sure you can understand that in a forum full of critical thinkers, most people won't be satisfied with a 'Do as you're told', but would rather know the exact reasoning and logic behind it.
In fact I've always been a bit unsatisfied with the whole, "never stop a sub before its finished as it will leave you unbalanced" and never knowing the exact mechanics of said unbalancing. I quit SM in stage 6 because I was tired of being unmotivated in my life and was super eager to start AM6 again, and have so far had no negative effects for doing so. So I'm really hoping you could shed some light on that.

Critical thinking is different from what you're describing. What you describe is intentionally making a choice to go against the instructions without even understanding the whole of why they were written that way. That's not critical thinking, that's just foolish and willful thinking. Critical thinking would be along the lines of, "I don't understand why X is in the instructions. I know the maker is an expert at what he does and I am not. Therefore, I logically conclude that he knows what he is doing, and wrote the instructions so that if I follow them, I will get the best possible results." Critical thinking uses valid logic. Willfull thinking enables the Eric Cartman syndrome: "I do what I wawnt."

Just because you don't consciously see or understand that there has been an effect, negative or otherwise, does not mean there has not been an effect. That is a big part of why I do not explain more. You would need so much explanation to really GET IT that I'd be giving away trade secrets. And because I would have to spend so much time training people to see and understand very subtle, though important and valid cues from their subconscious minds, and sometimes things they can't consciously see at all.

Sorry, it's not a matter of "I just don't feel like explaining it", although that is also true. The fact is, I cannot give you enough inside information without giving you too much. So you have to follow the instructions and trust me that I know what I'm doing when I write them. If you don't, you're welcome to forfeit a refund option and waste your time getting less than optimal results.

It amazes me how hard you guys fight getting the best possible results (following the instructions), and yet you spend so much money trying to get them.
Quote:That is true AfzalG.

However having identical listening hours would be the most optimal.

I will do as I am told this round.

However next round I will do it my way.

Without experimentation how will others know what is best for them??

These programs don't need experimentation., They're built using well known principles and methods, and designed based on more than a decade of experiments. If you needed experimentation to know what was best, why would anyone be willing to pay what I charge? That's why I charge that much: I did all that work and BS for you!

Quote:For those with an active lifestyle- will no doubt = uneven hours.

It seems the overall consensus is the hours part. I don't see people saying "uneven days = uneven balance."

You're missing the forest for the trees. You use it 8-21 hours a day, as evenly as possible in hours per day, every day.

Quote:Shannon: I hardly think that I was "being cute" when I thought of this. Not everyone here gets benefits from subliminals. Perhaps it could be said that its from resistance. Sure that is an easy scapegoat. Or everyone's mind is different and different solutions work for other people.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I will say it again.

Properly made and properly used subliminals ALWAYS WORK. They are only a set of instructions. But they are only half of the equation. YOU are the other half. If you choose not to execute, accept or follow those instructions, it is not the fault of the instruction set.

That's not an excuse, that's a fact. If I write you a "To do" list and you ignore it and play video games instead, is it the list's fault when you get done and have no food to eat because you ignored the list that included "Go buy groceries"? No. And that's exactly the case here. YOU choose to cooperate or not. The program is a set of instructions, and you can respond to them or not. If you try not to follow those instructions, my research has shown that the culprit is ALWAYS the same: it always boils down to fear. Usually fear of losing control. And if you can't see that fear, it only demonstrates your lack of fitness to be disregarding the instructions by demonstrating that you are not sufficiently self aware to begin to understand the results of doing so.

Which is also a big factor in people not wanting to follow the instructions.

Quote:I was not thinking of a way to undermine current efforts. Instead I am minding my own business when this idea pops into my head. Could be a message from my own subconscious to try something new.

I love it how people find every excuse in the book not to follow instructions. They usually end up at the unassailable "My subconscious mind told me to do it." Every single time I hear that, I see the same result: FAIL.

Quote:I wont leave this stone unturned. I will try it and I will report about it- later.

You do so at your own risk. Not knowing what the script says, not knowing how it works, and not knowing what will happen subconsciously if you use it differently than instructed, is not what I would call smart. You also are not qualified to know whether or not it has caused problems or what it has done or not done. From a conscious point of view, you won't be able to see all of it, if you can see any of it. You're not trained for that even if you did understand all the rest. The changes this program makes that are consciously visible are much like the proverbial "tip of the iceberg" showing above the water. Again: follow the instructions.

Quote:*Do you have specific references to 32 days in the suggestions??*

No.
Pages: 1 2