Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Plot Spectrum Analysis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, everyone!

I purchased Poetry of the Silent Eros Volume 2 yesterday and was browsing the journal about it here.

If any of you have read the thread you'll see that it diverges from the original topic and addresses the issue of plot spectrum analysis because a couple of members thought that their audio may have been improperly encoded by their player software. Shannon was good enough to respond with instructions on how to perform this test in Audacity (as well as with a screenshot of the desired results.)

Not because I thought anything was wrong but rather out of simple curiosity I opened my copy of PSE and tested it just as Shannon directed. I was surprised to see that I got a result almost exactly like that of Vanjav (one of the other members who had also performed the test. Here is a screen capture of my own results after selecting the first 60 seconds of audio:

[Image: ZiILnYY.png]

and here is the copy of Vanjav's test results:

[Image: yUxPAYq.jpg]

and here is the result Shannon says we should be seeing:

[Image: uYLvFAX.jpg]

Now, with this being said, I will also point out that it appeared to have the desired effect on my wife when I played it on my ipod. I'll just leave it at that. Smile
I say all that to say this: Based on what Vanjav posted (and on your reply) it looks like my copy may be damaged as well, but (and this could just be me seeing what I wanted to see) it looks like it worked on my wife nonetheless.

Do you think this is a damaged copy? If so, what should I do?

Thanks! This has been a great experience so far.
Shannon said that the test of Vanjav indicates that the file is corrupted. So if you're already paying for a copy, you can send an email to the store, and ask for the download link in order to be made available.
I went ahead and did that. I'm guessing that the links they'll send me will differ from the links I already have accessible to me, since I only made the purchase a couple of days ago. I'll just wait to hear back from them.
It is still producing audio in a range that is ultrasonic, but the frequency analysis diverges, which means there has been some sort of alteration and with the nature of the audio being what it is, we cannot know what is different, and must therefore presume it may no longer be effective. So we will gladly get you new copies, but if you are loading them into software that alters them, it may happen again.

I recommend that when you get the new copies, that you set aside a folder for the ones you just downloaded and then work with copies before loading them into anything. And before anything else, load them into Audacity and verify the desired frequency analysis plot.
(04-07-2015, 01:52 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]It is still producing audio in a range that is ultrasonic, but the frequency analysis diverges, which means there has been some sort of alteration and with the nature of the audio being what it is, we cannot know what is different, and must therefore presume it may no longer be effective. So we will gladly get you new copies, but if you are loading them into software that alters them, it may happen again.

I recommend that when you get the new copies, that you set aside a folder for the ones you just downloaded and then work with copies before loading them into anything. And before anything else, load them into Audacity and verify the desired frequency analysis plot.

Thanks, Shannon. I appreciate that. Do I need to email someone to get updated copies, or do they show up on my 'available downloads' page?

Additionally, the only software that I've used (other than Audacity) is VLC. I wouldn't think that this would fundamentally alter the file would it? I'll admit that I'm totally ignorant about how the subliminal process works, so I don't know if certain media players can alter the file or not.
I would seriously doubt that VLC would alter it, so it may have been altered at some other point. Hopefully it's not on our servers as altered. Yes, you would e-mail Ben and explain what's going on and ask for assistance. But first, you might want to try downloading it again from what links you already have.
(04-08-2015, 06:47 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I would seriously doubt that VLC would alter it, so it may have been altered at some other point. Hopefully it's not on our servers as altered. Yes, you would e-mail Ben and explain what's going on and ask for assistance. But first, you might want to try downloading it again from what links you already have.

Roger that. I'll download a new copy, check it in Audacity and will send an email to Ben if I get the same results.

Thanks again!
Yeah going to downloads is the best option for now, if you run out of downloads let me know by emailing the store email.
Hey Shannon,
He sent me an email saying he redownloaded it and had the same issue, so maybe it's corrupted from the server.
Alright. I'll see what I can do.
I checked my file. I got the same result like Amish. And PSE_V1 looks like that:

[Image: pse1.jpg]

Edit: PSE_V2:

[Image: pse2.jpg]
Looks to me like PSE needs to be rebuilt. I no longer have the original files or scripts, so I guess you guys are in luck, because that will make it a free upgrade for you. Give me a bit of time to build the new version. Smile
So (if I understood correctly from the other thread) the current copies we have will have no effect? Or will they be less effective than the undamaged copies?

Thanks for all the help, Shannon.
(04-10-2015, 01:49 PM)Amish Electrician Wrote: [ -> ]So (if I understood correctly from the other thread) the current copies we have will have no effect? Or will they be less effective than the undamaged copies?

Thanks for all the help, Shannon.

No effect or less effect. Probably nobody can tell because no one knows what happened there.
Pages: 1 2