Subliminal Talk

Full Version: LTU 3.1 question for Shannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the middle of ASC 5g at the moment, but I'm interested in LTU 3.1. A couple of areas it's supposed to work on are: Taking care of yourself and Improve your health. I was just wondering if there was specific advice in there, because I'm on a low carb, high fat paleo type diet, which I'm very happy with and feel great on, but I know it goes against a lot of conventional wisdom, which I now believe is completely wrong. So does LTU specifically try to tell me to cut out saturated fat? If so, this would cause a conflict with me as I'm on low carbs and fat is my main energy source. I also eat lots of eggs/cholesterol because I also believe they are healthy and have nothing to do with CVD. So telling me to cut down on cholesterol would also be an unacceptable conflict for me.

Thanks in advance
Thanks, I was hoping it was more general advice.
(11-26-2014, 09:21 PM)terry44 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I was hoping it was more general advice.

Your subconscious knows probably better than you what's healthy for you. So would it be really so bad if you would change your eating pattern after/while listening to LTU?
(11-27-2014, 09:06 AM)sebastian Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2014, 09:21 PM)terry44 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I was hoping it was more general advice.

Your subconscious knows probably better than you what's healthy for you. So would it be really so bad if you would change your eating pattern after/while listening to LTU?

If it was really leaving it up to my subconscious I'm sure I wouldn't change my habits, because since I changed to my present diet I feel ten years younger, I've lost all my middle aged spread and I feel healthier than I have my whole life. I did a lot of research before I changed my diet. I ended up rejecting the low fat, high carb diet that is promulgated as conventional wisdom and that I, and many experts, now believe is responsible for much of the heart disease, obesity, diabetes and cancer that has become so prevalent over the last 50 years. I would consider so called conventional 'good habits' as very bad habits indeed.
My worry was that it might try to plant misguided conventional habits into my subconscious that the latest research has proven wrong time and again. It's just that mainstream nutrition and most doctors haven't caught up with the latest research yet.
If you look at this week's research results from mainstream science concerning anything to do with food, it will likely be contradicted by another study done in 1 week to 10 years. Therefore, it makes no sense for me to hard wire in what is "best" to do, because science hasn't yet figured it out. So I make more general statements based on specific goals that are result oriented, not process oriented. This allows you to have unlimited freedom in how you achieve the goals, and does not force me to rebuild the program every month because mainstream science published a new research study that says butter is good! No, it's bad! No, it's good! No, it's bad! etc.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I think I will go for LTU after I've done 2 or 3 months of ASC.
I did WL6 and it didn't force me to eat a specific way, it improved my eating in the way I wanted to with how I decided to eat (Primal Blueprint, similar to Paleo).

I'm eating the healthiest I have in my life and it didn't force me to go and follow the 'food pyramid' for example.

Most of what i've achieved i've done by going against conventional wisdom. Interestingly I haven't had much criticism for the way I eat past them thinking it would be difficult like some people have said they do. Besides, the massive change in my body has to stop most people from criticizing because i'm a living example of it.

-Ben
Hi Ben, can I ask what WL6 is? I'm still getting the hang of these abbreviations. I'll have a look at the Primal Blueprint, it sounds interesting.
WL6 = Weight Loss 6
Sorry I get so used to using the abbreviations, Sebastian has it. Smile

-Ben