Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Edited version of AM6 given by a friend activates piracy code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend of mine owns a purchased copy of AM6, as do I. He combined AM6 with some ambient music he likes to listen to as he sleeps and sent me the files. Did the piracy protection activate, even though we both have our own versions of AM6?
i think it will damage the AM6's mp3 files.Shannon uses specific setting for his files.
also both sounds coming from 1 source can effect the final result you hear.

of course Shannon can explain precisely
I think MJ1 is right. The files are probably pretty useless now - in best case, because nobody know for sure how the mixing and recompression had affected the files. And even if I don't think the copy protection became activated you should just listen the original files (and your friend, too).
It was ripped to a lossless FLAC file, it's fine. I'm just wondering if copy protection became active.
(10-19-2014, 07:18 AM)Artemis Wrote: [ -> ]It was ripped to a lossless FLAC file, it's fine. I'm just wondering if copy protection became active.

What your friend did was modify Shannon's copyrighted protected work. I have no idea if Shannon included that in the copyright protection about modifying or altering his work in anyway shape or form. Even though your friend didn't change anything but only added something to it, that is still violating copyright. For the sole fact that Shannon didn't put that into the program, your friend did. So, your friend just altered Shannon's program from it's original form without his permission, which is copyright infringement. But for me personally, I wouldn't use the files since they have been altered from what Shannon has created it from. Even if you're right that the files are fine, I still see it has violating copyrighted work by modifying it from it's original form and maybe Shannon has that in the copyright protection. Only Shannon knows since he is the one who created the program and the copyright protection.
(10-19-2014, 09:48 AM)spiritman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2014, 07:18 AM)Artemis Wrote: [ -> ]It was ripped to a lossless FLAC file, it's fine. I'm just wondering if copy protection became active.

What your friend did was modify Shannon's copyrighted protected work. I have no idea if Shannon included that in the copyright protection about modifying or altering his work in anyway shape or form. Even though your friend didn't change anything but only added something to it, that is still violating copyright. For the sole fact that Shannon didn't put that into the program, your friend did. So, your friend just altered Shannon's program from it's original form without his permission, which is copyright infringement. But for me personally, I wouldn't use the files since they have been altered from what Shannon has created it from. Even if you're right that the files are fine, I still see it has violating copyrighted work by modifying it from it's original form and maybe Shannon has that in the copyright protection. Only Shannon knows since he is the one who created the program and the copyright protection.

That's a good enough reason to stop. Thank you spiritman!
I'd like to request a more official answer from someone like Benjamin or Shannon. I'm noticing how my level of awareness and boredom has decreased since I've stopped pairing AM6 with my brain training music.
It's best for Shannon to answer this one, I haven't come across a copy protection question in this context before. But it is correct that any editing and converting of files can affect the subliminals.

-Ben
(10-26-2014, 09:02 PM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]It's best for Shannon to answer this one, I haven't come across a copy protection question in this context before. But it is correct that any editing and converting of files can affect the subliminals.

-Ben

Thanks for the reply Ben, I'll be eagerly awaiting Shannon's reply.
Don't edit my programs, and don't use edited versions of my programs. 'Nuff said.