Subliminal Talk

Full Version: BASE journal from Ash826
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I just saw BASE for sale on the site today and I didn't even have to think twice. I clicked on add to cart, gladly parted with the $500 and downloaded it as fast as my little DSL would carry the files. I've been listening to it long enough for a total of 3 plays, so I can't say that I've felt any changes yet, I was just excited to get this journal started. I did Alpha Female before I started telling people about it. Now I know how great Shannon's subs are, I'm not afraid to share the journey as it happens, especially if it inspires others to get this sub and make permanent positive changes in their lives.
My first goal with this sub is to get clearer on my goals. I want that laser focus that I need to turn my wishful thinking of the entrepreneurial life into actualized entrepreneurial living.
More to come...
Awesome to see some BASE journals popping up. Glad you had good results with AF and your journal does inspire others; I will be reading. Good luck.
Glad that you enjoyed AF. I know it is a lot of money to drop on Shannon's sub's. But if you want results that are permanent and life changing the more you use them, stick with Shannon's sub's. I will be following this BASE journal to see what kind of results come from this sub.
Okay, I've been listening for about 20 hours a day for 7 days now. My Goal at the beginning was to get clearer about my overall goals. That is happening, but with some interesting insights.
I've always been able to say in my mind or out loud what I'd like to happen - or what my desires are, but when it comes to writing down the step by step goals to achieving those desires, that's where I'm a little less disciplined.
What I've discovered, really in the last day, is that I'm AFRAID. I'm afraid of what I want. I'm afraid that when I write it down it will happen, or it won't happen. I'm afraid that like a scene out of Carrie - Piper Laurie will resound in my ear… 'they're all gonna laugh at you, they're all gonna laugh at you'.
Maybe if I hadn't gone through Alpha Female, I would have been frightened away by this and given up thinking that this sub wasn't working, or working negatively, but I know better. The fact that my Conscious is afraid means that changes are happening and I'm getting closer to being able to articulate in writing the steps necessary to obtain my desires. I define a desire as something I want where I'm not 100% in charge of the outcome - kind of like law of attraction type of thing… A goal is something I am 100% in charge of the outcome. My desire is to become a well paid author who can live off of the income from my book sales, travel the world and have the freedom to write all the time. The goal to that desire is to write… a certain amount per day, edit by a certain date, and publish by a certain date. These are the things I want to become clearer on and commit to, and am afraid of, mostly because of what others have told me since I was a little girl. It's a hard life, you need a secure job with benefits, blah blah blah… Of course I've bought into it, and now I'm on the treadmill with my teenager, and fear keeps me there (at least temporarily).

Things I've noticed in the last week….
1. No interest in TV or frivolous activities
2. More interest in furthering my writing craft and culling ideas for books, short stories etc…
3. Spending only the minimum amount of time required at work and the rest of my time researching the indie publishing industry
4. A need to get organized in all areas of my life
5. Less importance on what other people think about my choices
6. Clearer on the blocks holding me back
7. Vivid dreams about boats and sailing on clear waters - a very prosperous dream in dream dictionaries
8. Easier/stricter adherence to my dietary (for health reasons) goals than prior to listening to the sub

Until next time…
I Heart IML
ASH826
Remember that if you listen to a certain amount of time the first stage then you have to do the same with the other stages. At least it is like that with the AM sub, I'm not sure about BASE, I don't think it would be any different though.
It is. Balance to the input must be maintained from stage to stage.
(10-17-2014, 10:24 PM)maniac360 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that if you listen to a certain amount of time the first stage then you have to do the same with the other stages. At least it is like that with the AM sub, I'm not sure about BASE, I don't think it would be any different though.

Thanks, I will remember that. It shouldn't be a problem.
New Development: I have found myself a mentor. I wasn't even looking. I was looking for a writing group to join and they had a page of members that had been published so I started looking up the names of authors that I read. Well, I went to one of their websites which led me to another author's website and yet to another author's page.
This author was doing exactly the kind of writing that I love to do - sort of a mishmash of sci-fi and chick lit, making a good living at it and receiving awards. She also writes for writers on various subjects regarding the publishing business and writing for a living. I signed up for her free course and bought a couple of her books to get a feel for her teaching style, and its exactly what I need and want. It's kind of like learning from myself, only a self that's been there and done what I want to do. How very sci-fi with a strong female lead Big Grin - maybe I'll write a book about it. She's very generous with answering questions in her forums as well.

10 Days in, 22 to go for phase 1.
Still having vivid dreams
I dreamt that I was able to quit my day job and I wasn't panicked about it.
I figured that goes to the entrepreneurial mindset. Before BASE, a job equaled security, thinking about not having one would set me in a tailspin. Now I can think about being financially independent not having a corporate job or winning the lottery without the heart palpitations.

Thanks Shannon!!!!! Loving BASE. I Heart IML
Thanks for sharing. Inspiring.
Any updates over the past 30 days?