Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Some Things You Can Do In Your Sleep, Literally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/09/...-literally

Interesting read further validating Shannon's "subliminals while you sleep" approach.
Good to know. Are brains processing 5g subliminals are processing way more at night than most people. I wonder if it's healthy over a long period of time?
Cool. I'm not that worried, we just need more sleep to compensate for more effort put out.
I also tackle these in my University. I took psychology course btw,

Quote:Can subliminal messages change
specific behaviors?, researchers conducted a well-designed experiment
that used a double-blind procedure.

Method. For several weeks, subjects listened to two different recordings titled either “Improve Self-Esteem” or “Improve Memory.” Then they rated any improvement in these behaviors. Double-blind procedure. Researchers had to control for any possible placebo effects, such as subjects showing improvement because they believed they were hearing powerful subliminal messages. Therefore, subjects were not told which subliminal messages the recordings contained. For example, some recordings labeled “Improve Memory” contained subliminal messages for improving memory, while others contained subliminal messages for improving self-esteem. !us, because of the double-blind procedure, subjects were unaware of the fact that some recordings’ subliminal messages did not match the recordings’ labels.

Results. About 50% of subjects reported improvements in either self-esteem or memory. However, subjects reported improvements in behavior based on what the recordings’ labels promised rather than on what the subliminal messages were. For example, a subject who listened to a recording labeled “Improve Self-Esteem” reported improvements in self-esteem even though the recording contained subliminal messages for improving memory. These results suggest a self-fulfilling prophecy at work. Self-fulfilling prophecies involve having strong beliefs about changing some behavior and then acting, unknowingly, to change that behavior.

Researchers concluded that subliminal messages in self-help recordings did not affect the behavior they were designed to change. Instead, any changes in behavior resulted from listeners’ beliefs that the recordings would be effective (Epley et al., 1999). Most research, in fact, suggests that subliminal messages cannot change our behaviors in any significant way (Dijksterhuis et al., 2007; Greenwald et al., 2002). There is evidence, however, that unconscious attitudes can unknowingly or subliminally influence perception.

This is written in "Introduction to Psychology 9'th Edition" written by Rod Plotnik.

Simple terms subliminal mp3s produce results because of self-fulfilling prophecies or placebo. Even my Professors doesn't believe in subliminal mp3s, what's worse my study doesn't include New Age psychology (LoA, Mind Programming, Belief tweaking, etc.). Shame Undecided

PS: Of course we all know Shannon's subliminals work.
I keep waiting for someone to tell me it's all a joke and these don't work, heck there's not even any embed script lol. However it seems otherwise. I still however wonder about mantras and placebo effects. Dr. Phillia the YouTube sensation has become famous for teaching mantras that work miracles and fix problems in peoples life's. A some what similar idea to what Shannon does here but with mantras. Anyways there is tons of testimonial from people having results and I have experienced things beyond coincidence that have happened with these mantras. However, I still wonder if the mantra has any power or I just tricked my brain into believing something and therefore it was true.