Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Electric fields messing with the sub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

so the audio cable for my headphones that I use during the day is near power cables and the electric fields from those cable are sometimes messing with the audio. I sometimes hear noises that quickly disappear once I move the cables apart. I mainly use the ultrasonics with my headphones, can the power cables mess with the ultrasonics without me noticing it ?

Thanks Smile
Well first off you shouldn't be using the ultrasonic with headphones. As for electrical interference if you find that moving the cables apart helps then thats what i would do.
Thanks Jennie Big Grin I didn't know you couldn't use ultrasonics with headphones ! Mine are studio headphones which have a high-frequency range and thus can play the ultrasonics without any problem.
The problem is that moving the cables apart is not really great because the cables are then on my desk and when I'm working on it, it's very unpractical. I'll try to find a way to keep them apart without them being on my desk.
You can use ultrasonic with headphones you just have to ensure the volume is set safely. Check the volume vs the masked track and measure the db with "FrequenSee" app.
Thank you Adam, that's what I always do. So I'm good Smile
What -db do you set it to ? I'm normally around 50 - 40 .
I'd say that most likely the cables would affect any audio like you've noticed because of some interference and specifically just ultrasonic.

-Ben