Subliminal Talk

Full Version: [poll] how you listen to your subs at night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, I am interested to know which version of subs you use at night and where you position your speakers. I think it would be helpful to let everyone know which way is the most effective.

For me, I place my speakers on a table about 2 m right beside my head, with iPad attached. The speakers are not placed on either side of my ears but rather two speakers sitting on the same horizon facing my head. I mainly use the ultrasonic version because I find the masked tracks partly distracting during sleep. The ultrasonic is the most effective sub for me so far but I sometimes have tinnitus during the day. It's fine however because it doesn't bother my life too much.

Please share your habit below.
Sleep phones hooked up to my iPhone. Trickling stream is my favorite. Sometimes I listen to ultrasonic when I'm working on my computer at home which is pretty rare.
wireless sleepphones, extra small size cause they stretch eventually
I have my subs played through my laptop that's sitting on my desk about 6ft to the right from my bed.
I play them on my cd player which is on the opposite side of the room and both speakers are on that side, i've had no issues so far except when the speakers went funny because of the wires and one wasn't working properly.

It may be better if they are positioned differently but it's still worked for me.

-Ben
At home I have a M-Audio AV40 speaker set in my bedroom, on which I run ultrasonics. The speakers are placed on top of a closet opposite the end of my bed.

When I’m away I use a Playstation Portable (Go) with masked - trickling stream. In most cases I place it near the head-end.
At day when I'm at home, I listen ultrasonic subs with the speakers of my laptop (they are dolby surround).

At night, when sleeping I use earbuds with my cellphone for listening the trickling stream.
(03-22-2014, 03:05 AM)Jay Wrote: [ -> ]At home I have a M-Audio AV40 speaker set in my bedroom, on which I run ultrasonics. The speakers are placed on top of a closet opposite the end of my bed.

When I’m away I use a Playstation Portable (Go) with masked - trickling stream. In most cases I place it near the head-end.

Thanks. What volume do you play the ultrasonics at?
Speakers on either side of my head playing Ultrasonic. 2 subs, back to back 8 hours.

Thanks

Fonzy
Laptop in my large bedroom playing 24/7, alternating between trickling stream and subtronic, or (masked and subtronic). I leave the sound on full as I like the bubbly water

I spend a lot of time on my other PC computer in my bedroom, so get at least 12 hours a day exposure.

Best results come from only one sub playing for several months until I get the results I want, then I move on to the next one.

I have had excellent results with 3g which have removed my social shyness and laid a platform for the others to work as well; I have a lot of 4g and 5g in the queue waiting their turn.

I like using my earphones on bubbling water, but found I was taking them off my ears during the night while asleep. I compromised by downloading many of my subs again onto a laptop that was given to me and leaving it going 24/7.

Friends who ring me up hear the bubbling water in the background, which I usually have to turn down to hear them properly if they want to talk for a long time. No one thinks it odd that I like a water sound to be playing in my bedroom.

The laptop is about 4 metres from my bed, and two metres from my other computer when I am sitting down using it.
(03-22-2014, 08:35 AM)Jakeb203 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2014, 03:05 AM)Jay Wrote: [ -> ]At home I have a M-Audio AV40 speaker set in my bedroom, on which I run ultrasonics. The speakers are placed on top of a closet opposite the end of my bed.

Thanks. What volume do you play the ultrasonics at?

That depends. I always test the volume by using a trickled stream track and put it on a comfortable setting. I make sure that it’s audible but wouldn’t be regarded as too loud to disturb my sleep, and use that as a reference point before switching to ultrasonics.
me self, often play with speaker when surfing the internet and play ultra when it's time to sleep. XD
Small car audio high-frequency speakers on both sides of my bed. Though the stereo effect is often lost because I sleep on my side with my other ear in the pillow.
(03-23-2014, 08:43 AM)LionKing Wrote: [ -> ]Small car audio high-frequency speakers on both sides of my bed. Though the stereo effect is often lost because I sleep on my side with my other ear in the pillow.

Thanks for your reply. I am interested to know if there is any affect on hearing? Because I often have tinnitus and headache the next morning.
Pages: 1 2