Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Ultrasonic with headphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
Most of my studying takes place with headphones. So the only time I get time to listen to these beats is when I am sleeping for like say 6 or so hours. And thats not enough.
So lately, I have been using Ultrasonic Silent Track with headphones. I keep the track playing while I am watching my Kaplan videos on the computer.
Is that ok? Will I get the same or equal benefit.
Please let me know.
Thanks.
Shannon said in instructions and in forum that you can use ultrasonic with headphones but only if they have the proper frequency response 20khz+

Shannon also mentions that the safe level to play ultrasonic with headphones is 25% of the maximum volume so for example if you are playing on pc and max volume is 100 all you need to do is put it to 25/100 for playing ultrasonic.

that's it as far as I know I play the ultrasonic with ear buds and I don't notice any problems

hope that helps
Ye I got Tracks HD from SOL Republic. I think they play those frequencies.

But I gotta question now. 25/100 volume scale is too loud for me. I generally play the ocean surf or stream trickling track at 6/100 or max 10/100. If I go any higher, its too loud and it distracts me from work. I also sometimes get a headache.

So should I not play ultrasound at ~8/100 volume scale? Or should I pump the volume upto 25??
This is what I could find about my headphones.
".... The Master Tracks have 40mm diameter drivers with 20 – 20,000 Hz frequency response to provide crispy bass and very accurate reproduction of the mids and highs...."

So I believe that makes it ok for ultrasonic audio, right?
(01-11-2014, 08:39 AM)docji Wrote: [ -> ]Ye I got Tracks HD from SOL Republic. I think they play those frequencies.

But I gotta question now. 25/100 volume scale is too loud for me. I generally play the ocean surf or stream trickling track at 6/100 or max 10/100. If I go any higher, its too loud and it distracts me from work. I also sometimes get a headache.

So should I not play ultrasound at ~8/100 volume scale? Or should I pump the volume upto 25??

25% is a MAXIMUM volume recommended for use with headphones, and it should always be that you use headphones with ultrasonics at a lower volume than you would use masked subs with. So calibrate volume using the trickling stream and then ocean surf tracks as usual, and then lower it a couple notches or so.

It is not recommended to use ultrasonics with headphones because it is easy to over or undervolume by accidentally adjusting the volume without being aware of it. If you use headphones, you must ALWAYS verify the correct and intended volume is being used before each usage.

Headphones will increase effect, impact and power.
(01-12-2014, 12:34 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2014, 08:39 AM)docji Wrote: [ -> ]Ye I got Tracks HD from SOL Republic. I think they play those frequencies.

25% is a MAXIMUM volume recommended for use with headphones, and it should always be that you use headphones with ultrasonics at a lower volume than you would use masked subs with. So calibrate volume using the trickling stream and then ocean surf tracks as usual, and then lower it a couple notches or so.

It is not recommended to use ultrasonics with headphones because it is easy to over or undervolume by accidentally adjusting the volume without being aware of it. If you use headphones, you must ALWAYS verify the correct and intended volume is being used before each usage.

Headphones will increase effect, impact and power.

Good for clearing this up Shannon. I thought that you should never use the Ultrasonics on headphones. I will use the Ultrasonics on headphones but I will turn the volume only up to 10/100. Even on that voulme I can still somehow hear the high frequency. Should I lower the volume to 5/100?
I know some older iPods such as my iPod nano have a volume lock setting. Do you think this could be
useful?
In what way? On my ipod the volume stays at what it's set at already.
In other words there is an option, at least on my iPod nano, where you can preset a volume limit in settings. And no matter how far you try to manually turn up the volume during a track, it will never go above the volume level you have preset in settings.

For example, whenever I listen to Ultrasonic tracks on headphones (not recommended I know, I do it at my own risk), I go into settings and preset my iPod's maximum volume limit at about 25% and lock that in. And during "Now Playing" mode I can manually turn the volume all the way up to (theoretically) 100%, but that 100% is actually only 25% of the iPod's maximum volume capability because I preset the volume to only go up to 25%.