Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Affiliate System Shut Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I'm very upset by this but we've had to shut down the affiliate system. There was massive fraud on our current system that was so bad it would have rendered us unprofitable. Our current system couldn't detect/fight against fraud well enough and manually investigating every affiliate and sale would take up so much of our time it'd be impossible to progress as a company.

I'm looking into other affiliate systems that might be more reliable. If we are able to start one up again, a few things will be different:

1) The application process will be lengthy, and few will have the privilege to sell for us. Most will require an already established online-presence.

2) There will be a tiered payout %, so those that have proven themselves over time to use ethical marketing techniques can get the same percentage as before, if not more.

3) There will be much more 1 on 1, customization, advice, training, and working with anyone who is able to become an affiliate to ensure success.

We want to at the very least fairly compensate those who have been honest in promoting us. Hopefully we can find a good solution to this.
It's sad that it's had to happen, but after talking to Andrew and knowing why I agree with the decision at the moment.

It is a shame that there is people who ruin it for everyone else.

Time to rebuild it and come back stronger. Smile

-Ben
That really sucks.

Been putting an effort to advertise the store and at the sale, my campaigns finally started showing results. And impressed by the results, I was considering increasing the effort.
But of course, there's always someone to blow it all away.
What I wish more at the moment is to discover who it was to send a death squad his/her way right now.

Hope we can find a solution that's a fair to everyone and does not involve death squads.
Apparently, our hopes for making this a "win-win-win" for everyone are being marred by some people who are willing to spend more effort scamming others than it takes to actually make the same money or more doing it right.

I believe we will eventually find a solution that works without getting us scammed in the process. But I have to say, I am very disappointed (and sadly, growing moreso by the day lately) that there are people out there who are so careless and thoughtless of others. My faith in humanity took a real hit when I heard what happened during the sale. It's bad enough we have people pirating my stuff, but then they want to scam us out of commissions on sales that either never happened, or claim commissions on sales they didn't get?

But it is through adversity that the winners find their way to strength and success.
Oh. So that's what's hapenned.

If this affiliate system were so full of loopholes, then, indeed, there's no other way than to shut it down.

Been thinking about it, Shannon. There's that part of the script that works as a copy protection. Could there be something in this way to place at all subliminals that work similarly at the affiliate system? It may be a little more complicated, though, since you cannot rely on shame or regret, since you offer a sub to work these feelings.
If you manage to get a more secure system and combine it wtih a programming to incentivate fair and honest behaviour from the affiliates, it can be a solution to make everyone win.
(08-09-2013, 04:10 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]My faith in humanity took a real hit when I heard what happened during the sale.

Here Shannon, this cheesy link will cheer you up Smile I enjoyed this just yesterday.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/pict...n-humanity
Lkawakita, I'm not going to add more programming that does something aside from what the program is designed to do, to the subliminals unless I absolutely have to. Right now, I don't. I doubt it would ever get that bad with a good affiliate system in place. Worst case, we just don't have one. I;d really hate to see that happen.

Brad, thank you.
Thanks for the link Brad, it cheered me up too after feeling a bit down earlier. Smile

-Ben
(08-09-2013, 09:27 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Lkawakita, I'm not going to add more programming that does something aside from what the program is designed to do, to the subliminals unless I absolutely have to. Right now, I don't. I doubt it would ever get that bad with a good affiliate system in place. Worst case, we just don't have one. I;d really hate to see that happen.

Brad, thank you.

Thought so after posting. It may create too much pollution at the program, which in turn may turn the program innefective.
(08-10-2013, 04:37 AM)Lkawakita Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2013, 09:27 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Lkawakita, I'm not going to add more programming that does something aside from what the program is designed to do, to the subliminals unless I absolutely have to. Right now, I don't. I doubt it would ever get that bad with a good affiliate system in place. Worst case, we just don't have one. I;d really hate to see that happen.

Brad, thank you.

Thought so after posting. It may create too much pollution at the program, which in turn may turn the program innefective.

Bingo. Plus, paranoia isn't going to solve things.