Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Question for Shannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Shannon,

I bought a copy of Stop Drinking Alcohol forever, for a friend to use with her husband. She listens to the ultrasonic every night and has been for a little over a month, and he doesn't know he's listening to it. The problem is, is that he seems to getting worse instead of better. She said it seems like he just doesn't care what anyone thinks (anyone thinking he drinks too much) and drinks more than he used too. I don't want to give her wrong advice and have something go wrong. Should she keep playing it or stop the program altogether?

Thanks!
The first thing that pops into my head is i'm not surprised he is having that reaction, because he obviously doesn't want to stop drinking and his wife is trying to force him by using that program without him knowing.

I would be pissed off if someone was doing something like this to me without me knowing.

-Ben
Could he be afraid to stop and trigger big resistance?
Probably Elusive, and I think in most cases the advice would be to push through. But this situation is a little different and I didn't want to advise anyone in the wrong way. These programs are certainly not my area of expertise.

Ben, I understand your sentiment.