Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Ho'oponopono
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Shannon,
I read a book by Joe Vitale where he introduced a healing method called Ho'oponopono. It's all about clearing out your blockages and i've tried some of it and it seems to shift things. I haven't done enough of it to really comment on the results.

But it got me thinking that a subliminal on it could be useful. The good thing is that it is extremely simple because it is simply 4 statements repeated over and over again.

"I'm sorry".
"Please forgive me".
"Thankyou".
"I love you".

Here is a wiki explaining a bit more about it. It would be very interesting to see the results and a subliminal would really speed up the process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho%CA%BBoponopono

-Ben
I'm not entirely convinced either that Ho'oponopono as you suggest it to be (the four statements) would be a good idea in a subliminal form. The issues I see are:

1. The statement "I'm sorry" can be literally taken in multiple ways, and at least one of them is self derogatory.

2. "Please forgive me" could be useful in the ways you suggest, but also carries with it the implication that one is guilty. The subconscious mind doesn't understand implied information as the conscious mind does, and this could actually program guilt into the person if it was delivered at a subconscious level.

I'm not sure there is a way to create this program without potentially inducing issues, even if it is audible, because of the implications present within each of the statements.

If I were to attempt such a program, I would have to find a way to express the idea of "I'm sorry" without any possible misinterpretation - and I don't know that any such option exists within the English language. Would "I offer my apologies" do it? Would that also imply guilt?

"I ask forgiveness for what I believe I need to be forgiven for by others" might work for statement 2, but that leaves open a lot about forgiveness of self, and accepting the forgiveness.

"Thank you" is better expressed through existing gratitude programming.

And "I love you" is... well, dangerous actually, as a subliminal. It could literally cause you to fall in love with people. I have done experiments along those lines that have caused me, in one or two exposures, to fall in love with someone enough to cause me eye-opening heartaches.

I therefore cannot say I fully agree with this method, or believe that it would be safe to make into a subliminal. Even used as intended, it seems to me to have some risks based on phraseology.

I think perhaps the best possible translation to subliminal scripting would be something like this.

I offer my apologies for my transgressions.

I ask forgiveness for what I believe I need to be forgiven for by others.

I accept the forgiveness of others for what I believe I need to be forgiven for.

I now give myself permission to forgive myself for everything I need and want forgiveness from myself.

I now accept my own self forgiveness, and let go of past mistakes after learning everything possible from them and refusing to make those mistakes ever again.

I now fill myself with pure, unconditional, appropriate love for all things and all people.

What do you think?
Hmm interesting. The way you have translated those statements I could see that program as being valuable for some people. Anyone else reading have any interest in that?

Funny about how you tried the 'I love you' in a subliminal and started falling in love with people, not something I would have expected.

The one issue i've had with these statements that alot of their philosophy and some of the feeling i've had when trying them seems to go against having a strong masculinity and being powerful. Kind of like your apologizing for everything, and I know a few times I tried it I didn't like that feeling. Then other things i've tried it on I felt better.

So yeah i'm not entirely convinced by Ho'oponopono, but i'm always open to new methods to try out.

-Ben
It is good to apologize when you genuinely need to apologize for a transgression, but doing so otherwise is to make yourself guilty when you are not, and no man or woman who has any self respect will go for that.

But this makes for a very good example of why hypnosis scripting methods, NLP scripting methods or thoughtless scripting techniques do not make for good subliminal scripting methods. Directly accessing the subconscious mind requires that you directly understand how it thinks and understands things without the help of the conscious mind.