Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Rockefeller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone read the autobiography of John D. Rockefeller? I am currently reading it on my kindle. I couldn't believe the stuff I was reading about him. Plus, how no matter what was thrown his way, he could out smart his opponents. The one thing I admire about him is that he had complete self-control over his emotions. He wouldn't get flustered or upset if his opponents tried something to a reaction out of him. Plus, he could show no facial expression if someone wanted to know what he was thinking at any given moment.

If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. However, it is 800 pages plus long, but they are releasing the book on audio. An audio company is releasing two different sets, one as 22 cds and the other on 2 mp3 audio cds, by June 28. I pre-ordered the mp3 on Amazon. I can't wait!
Sounds awesome
Which one did you get?
Is it titled Titan?
(01-22-2013, 04:40 PM)alphamach Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds awesome
Which one did you get?
Is it titled Titan?

Yes I bought the one that is called "Titan" which is a monster size book to read. Tons of details that make it for a fascinating time for reading but takes a long while to get through.
Hmm I haven't read much about him. But with my current interests I may enjoy it. Reading about people who have made alot of money is exactly what i'm looking for right now.

Though I have tons of books to read. Smile
(01-22-2013, 06:29 PM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm I haven't read much about him. But with my current interests I may enjoy it. Reading about people who have made alot of money is exactly what i'm looking for right now.

Well, that is one of the main reasons why I wanted to read the book because I plan on being wealthy soon myself. Let me warn you; this book is very heavy on the fine details, which can drag out some chapters and the book. However, the details give you some very inmate, and personal insight to one of the greatest business men to have ever walked this planet. Which in turns, makes you appreciate the book even more after you finish reading it.

Currently, I am only 42% in the Kindle version, but I play it with the text to speech on because some words I don't even know how to pronounce lol Which is why I can't wait for the mp3 cds to come out, that will make it much more enjoyable to hear a human voice instead of a computer voice.
Awesome, I will get it then!

I'd recommend Dan Kennedy's autobiography too then called "My Unfinished Business". I was really enjoying it until I forgot where I was upto. :Z

-Ben
(01-22-2013, 06:29 PM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm I haven't read much about him. But with my current interests I may enjoy it. Reading about people who have made alot of money is exactly what i'm looking for right now.

Benjamin, I didn't get a download link for sub I just boufht. Can you help me out ? I send you a PM.
Yeah I seen your PM earlier, i'm doing the email stuff now so I will do your download too. I'll pm you back when i've done it.

-Ben
(01-22-2013, 09:49 PM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I seen your PM earlier, i'm doing the email stuff now so I will do your download too. I'll pm you back when i've done it.

-Ben

Thank you Ben.
I hate to bump an old topic but I wanted to let everyone know this. If you're interested in reading John D Rockefeller's book, it is now out on audio so that way you can have someone read it to you while you read along. Which will make it much easier since it 832 page book, I just got my mp3 audio cds today from Amazon and I am enjoying listening to this great book.
Great topic spiritman, I wasn't sure who Rockefeller was but your description of him now gives me motivation on learning more about his self control techniques.

Some other books that are on the same lines I think you might be interested in is " the 48 laws of power" and " Art of Seduction".

Thanks

Fonzy
(08-08-2013, 10:21 PM)Fonzy3 Wrote: [ -> ]Great topic spiritman, I wasn't sure who Rockefeller was but your description of him now gives me motivation on learning more about his self control techniques.

Some other books that are on the same lines I think you might be interested in is " the 48 laws of power" and " Art of Seduction".

Thanks

Fonzy

Fonzy,

I'm half way through chapter 2 of the book but from what I have read of his childhood, he learned from an early age from his mother about self-control. His mother would make the children reflect coolly before making decisions and learning to let themselves not to lose their temper at things. So, it sounds like from early childhood, he learned this, which allowed him to apply in his business. I have heard of the 48 laws of power; I will have to check that out and the other one I haven't heard of but will check it out.

Also, from an early age, Rockefeller learned to give money away as charity which his mother taught him. Since I have read this book once before the audio, I started donating my own money. Like the old saying goes "You give before you get."
Sounds like a tough childhood, but definitely paid off to learn those techniques. But yea too many people let there emotions get the better of them without even assessing the entire situation.

The two books I mentioned to you are from the same author.

Haha giving is the best way to ensure that you will receive more but don't forget to give to yourself man. I found this good quote that is relatable to what we r sayin. “Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing that have received--only what you have given.”

Thanks

Fonzy