Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Special Meditations Set - Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Shannon, Andrew and other experienced meditators,

I bought the special meditations set a month ago - and have been going through first level. I have few questions, where need your suggestion.

The way I try to listen to it is usually laying down or sitting in quiet room - sometimes meditating while other times just listening and relaxing. At first it was very hard to meditate to this as mind was just running around thoughts (better say day dreams) and I use to fall sleep within 10 to 15 minutes in. This has changed quite a bit now - as I can be awake through out if I am not tired and I am meditating with it, else I fall asleep towards the end of it (would say 40 to 45 minutes mark).

Since this is pretty much an hour to hour and a half dedication, I am not able to listen to it on daily basis. I usually do it on alternate days, and by now i would have got a listening of 20 sessions.

How shall I continue on this? Move to next level after 30 listening sessions or calendar days? What is the best way to listen to it? meditate and try to be awake or just relax even doze off?

As for the results, initial days I used to get euphoric, calm and relaxed while alert too - this was followed by irritation and a little bit disturbance - now when I listen to it, a day after listening is when I am most calm, relaxed and alert. Does the result vary person to person? Also I have noticed my sleep cycles have got effected, might be of the fact that I usually listen to it evening time (6pm/7pm) and take an hour nap.

MD
The best way to use that set in the manner you are aiming for is to use it every day, once per day, a few hours after you awaken. You want to be refreshed enough not to fall asleep, but not using it so late that it affects your sleep schedule either.

If you want to train your brain with them, do 30 sessions with each level, and try to remain relaxed but aware with each level.

The impact of the training you are doing does vary from person to person, depending on specifics of the brain.

Especially as you move on to deeper and deeper levels of meditation, you'll find you need less sleep, and that if you do not use it early in your day as I suggest, it will affect your sleep schedule more and more.
MD81, I purchased the Special Meditations Kit about 2 years ago myself and I absolutely loved it! I played around with Alpha and Theta mostly (specifically, levels 1,4, and I believe 6). Great stuff no doubt. I noticed that doing it regularly made me feel smarter and more balanced mentally.
(01-07-2013, 08:02 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]The best way to use that set in the manner you are aiming for is to use it every day, once per day, a few hours after you awaken. You want to be refreshed enough not to fall asleep, but not using it so late that it affects your sleep schedule either.

If you want to train your brain with them, do 30 sessions with each level, and try to remain relaxed but aware with each level.

The impact of the training you are doing does vary from person to person, depending on specifics of the brain.

Especially as you move on to deeper and deeper levels of meditation, you'll find you need less sleep, and that if you do not use it early in your day as I suggest, it will affect your sleep schedule more and more.

Thanks.

I will try my best for 30 sessions within 30 days or the least number of days before moving to next level.

Also will move the sessions to earlier part of the day.
(01-07-2013, 11:45 AM)K-Train Wrote: [ -> ]MD81, I purchased the Special Meditations Kit about 2 years ago myself and I absolutely loved it! I played around with Alpha and Theta mostly (specifically, levels 1,4, and I believe 6). Great stuff no doubt. I noticed that doing it regularly made me feel smarter and more balanced mentally.

K-Train, Good stuff and thanks for feedback. My experience is similar to yours specially in terms of mental balancing. Also I feel a lot of presence, which you get from meditation anyway. So definitely looking forward to reach Theta though its gonna take months Smile Patience, patience.
That will depend on the individual. The point is to train your brain to be more coherent, well balanced and familiarize you with the experience of these states, which will help you achieve them on your own more easily. Generally, once you have finished the 30 days per stage, you're pretty much free to do whatever you think is best.
There is no generation or type for this program. Can it be used with any other?
Yes, it's brainwave entrainment and doesn't contain subliminals. You just want to use it at a different time of the day, e.g not at the same time as listening to subliminals.

Especially with 5.5g programs with state shifting you want to do it at a seperate time and not when the state shifting can potentially be triggered.
Hey shannon, a bit confused about some of the things you've mentioned in this thread, as well as the official directions doc for this set.

Are we supposed to listen to each track once a day for 30 days or 32 days? Secondly, can we listen more than once a day? I know it says for some to not listen more than once or twice, but for others it just mentions to listen once... but it's never very specific/clear on which ones we can listen to multiple loops of and which ones we should keep limited to 1 loop/1 day. Also, you mention that you recommend to listen early morning closer upon after rising, but the directions mention that for some of the later stages, this isn't optimal. At what time of day should we be listening to each stage?

Lastly, I have a fair bit of experience with meditation and deep trance-like states. I feel practically nothing on Track 1. I experimented today by running Track 7 and felt that this was maybe a tad too strong, but also came away by the end of the track feeling that it could have taken me to stronger, deeper places. I don't listen to the tracks while lying down with my eyes closed--I listen to these while performing ordinary tasks on my computer (usually social or business related). Will this severely degrade the work of these tracks? Does an hour of guided meditation have to be the only way to properly use these tracks, or can I watch TV/play videogames/browse Facebook and such while listening like I did with subs?

Sorry to hijack OP's thread, but I don't see a lot of talk about the special meditations set and after having recently purchased it, I'd really like to understand more about it. Thanks!
With brainwave meditation you don't want to do it while doing other things. It's designed to do it like normal meditation, sitting or lying down with your eyes closed. That may be why you didn't get that relaxed. With brainwaves some days i'd get relaxed, some days I just couldn't at all and it seemed to go forever.

Did you see these instructions? They explain it better http://www.subliminal-shop.com/special-meditations/

It says 32 days each. And by the sound of it you just want to listen once. With brainwave meditation you want to use headphones and sitting or laying with your eyes closed. On speakers doesn't have the desired effect for this.

And in the instructions..

Quote:Levels 1 and 2 may seem to have no effect to some people. This is because these states of awareness do not have a special “feel” to them, aside from a sense of relaxation. Some people will find levels 1 and 2 feel different than normal awareness, and some will not. Most people will be able to feel a difference with level 3; almost everyone should feel a difference with levels 4 and up. Regardless, all of these programs will have an effect on your level of awareness.

And what I got from the instructions Level 1-5 are best on awakening and the 6-10 before going to sleep.
Okay, thanks, and yeah, I read those instructions several times, but Shannon said some things in this thread that directly contradicted the written instructions (he mentioned 30 day periods not 32 day periods, for instance).

I really don't want to have to meditate doing nothing else for an entire hour :'(

Who can sacrifice that much amount of time when they're fully employed and don't work in a field where listening to something like that in a relaxed space is an option?
I assume he meant 32 days, stick with the 32 as per the instructions.

Well it depends whether you want the results of it, because doing it while doing other things won't do much. But to deal with that you can simply start listening however long the listening is before you get up, and doing it when you first goto bed. That solves the using extra time for listening.
You also might want to reframe how you're viewing it Kalmah

View it as "brain training"

Meditation has been shown to physically change the structures of the brain to create a new and improved brain over time.

Most busy corporate types I know who do meditation to reap its benefits usually do it for 20-30 minutes a day. It's far more prudent to adopt a 20 minute practice which will be done consistently over 6 months than trying to force a 1 hour practice which one can easily lose motivation or interest in.

Should also be noted that just passively playing the recording whilst not doing much else probably won't yield very much in the long run.
(10-21-2017, 11:26 PM)Determined Wrote: [ -> ]You also might want to reframe how you're viewing it Kalmah

View it as "brain training"

Meditation has been shown to physically change the structures of the brain to create a new and improved brain over time.

Most busy corporate types I know who do meditation to reap its benefits usually do it for 20-30 minutes a day. It's far more prudent to adopt a 20 minute practice which will be done consistently over 6 months than trying to force a 1 hour practice which one can easily lose motivation or interest in.

Should also be noted that just passively playing the recording whilst not doing much else probably won't yield very much in the long run.

I already meditate on my own for 20-30 minutes a day, but bought these to help me access a deeper, more intense meditation. But having to run through the entire program in one long sitting sounds like a huge chore, and later on, when I'm fully employed again, sounds like it will just be impossible. The instructions clearly state that the track is guided--the first 10 minutes wind you down, then you spend 30 minutes in the state itself, then the next 10 minutes regulate you, and the final 10 minutes "awaken" you. It seems like if I woke up and simply ran the track for only 20-30 minutes, I would be stuck in that brainwave state throughout the rest of the day.
Pages: 1 2