Subliminal Talk

Full Version: New Accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everyone,

We're on schedule to flip the switch in a few days.

All your current accounts, will not be usable on the new store (yet). We will not be using accounts for the sale. Your old orders will not be accessible through the new store as of yet.

The way we will handle your past purchases is- we will keep the current site in its entirety online for 2 months at an alternate URL (subliminal-shop.com/old) but disabling purchasing from it.

After 2 months- we will be turning it into a skeleton site, removing its download ability and adjusting our servers to no longer support downloads. After 2 months if extenuating circumstance has you wanting to download an old purchase, you'll have to e-mail us or use our contact form, and provide your old order number/account info. Our customer service will then re-create your order in the new system.

The new system will be using Amazon's S3 service and high speed CDN. You will no longer be downloading off our servers-but Amazon's. However, until changes are made, all products will be available in only single large zip files. If you are stuck on an old internet connection, contact us to make special download arrangements.

I think that's about it right now. Since I just told you the downfalls, here's some perks in the new system:

-Ultra fast downloads, limited only by your internet through S3
-Site won't bog down during "ridiculous" sales
-Complete integration with social media & RSS
-Non-expiring downloads (but with download limits)
-Lots of new stuff for affiliates & increased marketability through new CMS base
-Future back and forth integration with forum
-Lots more to come...

The first look fo the new site will be basic. We decided not to do anything overly fancy until we have a well oiled, running machine. We'll work on making it fancy after that.
An update:

Shannon and I will be making final adjustments to the new site and we will be switching it over tomorrow evening sometime before midnight pacific standard time. If you're thinking of making any purchase, I would just hold off until the 1st when he's holding his sale- also saves the hassle of having an order in the old system.

Another word of warning- google checkout will not be available in the new system for an unforeseeable time. If you were planning on using google for the sale, please switch to PayPal. If that's absolutely not an option, contact me and we can work out possible special arrangements.
Andrew, I can only use Google Checkout, and I've tried all the other available payment options, none of them work for me.

I want to buy Luck Magnifier, should I make the purchase now with Google Checkout in the current system, while it is still available?
I have an amazon account already, should I register a new account in the new site? Will your products be searchable in Amazon.com?
Ditto on checking out through existing amazon marketplace accounts... Paypal's being a pita about my recent name change so I still can't use them.

I wish more businesses took Amazon's position about it. Oh, just go ahead and change it in the system! Paypal wants me to send them a fracking copy of my name change order and photo ID. Just what do they need all that for anyways?
Oh, Andrew. If everyone needs to sign up again, then it means all the affiliates one might have will be lost?
The affiliate system tracks in multiple ways: IP addresses, Cookies, E-Mail, Name, and Accounts. All have to fall out before losing an affiliate.

I will attempt to transfer over accounts, but I am currently unsure if this will work the way it is intended.

Google Checkout will not be supported on the new cart. Either buy now or contact me via PM when the sale goes live. I will have to manually write software in accordance to Google's API if we are to support it Sad

EDIT: We had amazon checkout for a short while. It was fine except we were breaking their terms of service without knowing it. They did not at the time support digital downloads in any way and you were expected to ship a physical product no matter what. I do not know if their stance has changed.
Well, if you could find out if that has changed at all I'd appreciate it as an option... it's presently my only reliable way to pay online unless a site has their own cc and/or bank transfer processing which you guys obviously do not Sad
(12-30-2012, 05:42 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you could find out if that has changed at all I'd appreciate it as an option... it's presently my only reliable way to pay online unless a site has their own cc and/or bank transfer processing which you guys obviously do not Sad

I'll have to check with Shannon but if you can take a screenshot of whatever price/products you find and send them to me I can set you up with google checkout on the old system as a temporary measure. I should be online all of the first, you can PM me and I will probably put up my IM information temporarily as well.
An update on what's going on with affiliates. I don't think you'll miss any sales unless someone switches e-mail addresses/computers/internet location, since that's what really determines an account for tracking purposes. After the sale I will extract an email-list/name list and cross-compare to see if anything was missed. I will go through each and every sale if I have to. Good news is...the switch is only happening once Rolleyes

As far as checkout options go...I think I will leave google checkout on at the old store but disable PayPal (remember you must be logged in for Google Checkout to show). I'll replicate or have Shannon do the discounts on both stores at once. But if you could all do me one favor...and wait till after the sale (January 3rd) to download any 6-stage sets if you used Google Checkout. The old store isn't linked to a CDN and our little server can't handle all the downloads as we discovered last sale...

http://subliminal-shop.com/old

For any of you google checkers.
Awesome Andrew!

One thing that keeps me coming back is the fact that you guys do your best to find solutions that are good for everyone. I really appreciate that.
(12-31-2012, 02:33 AM)Lkawakita Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome Andrew!

One thing that keeps me coming back is the fact that you guys do your best to find solutions that are good for everyone. I really appreciate that.

No problem! I hope to get more checkout alternatives in the new store ASAP but there's a lot of bugs to squash.

The new store is up now, there's lots of little bugs. If you catch enough of them, I'll give you a GC. I'm hoping to get as many squashed as I can before the sale.
I like it, very stylish. However, the lack of pictures beside the individual subs is kind of bland. For your own marketing, I'd think you'd want to catch people's attention before they decide to click on a sub, not if and after. Just my 2 cents.
Compliments for the new website! Beautiful!
Pages: 1 2 3