Subliminal Talk

Full Version: AM versus Military Training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After seeing someone I've known for a long time go through boot camp in form or another I knew I didnt like what I was seeing. I'll admit I'm sensitive to many things so its hard for me to always look at something objectively without taking it personally.

From what I can remember there was an instance where he was inquiring to me about a local haircut shop about pricing and tips and what not. I gave him roundabout answers that may off come off vague to him because I had only been to the place once. He came off quite aggressive to me after questioning me again and again which to me I perceived as "maybe if ask more aggressively he'll give me better answers". The whole thing really put me off.

I was wondering how you can compare the self improvement of AM to the psychological changes the training itself. Are they equally effective in ANY aspect at all? How does a person with deep emotional problems fair after training? does it mask it? does it remedy it for the better? I was always interested in knowing how helpful and/or damaging it was to join the army psychologically speaking.
I don't have any military experience, but I am researching a PTSD relief aid. I'd say, from what I have seen so far, that it can be pretty damaging psychologically, depending on your assignment.
Yes PTSD fucks you up.

I had alot of issues and maybe still do from some of the things I have experienced, most notably 1 experience that was the worst, but also a combination of 5 years of being in crazy situations doing security. And I know how much that effected me, and I can't even imagine what being in a war would do to you as that is much worse.

One thing is it made me hypervigilant and overaggressive for a while, so that might explain his reaction to you.

-Ben
Hmm, has this been addressed?
I have not done any military training but from what I heard/read/saw: receive order from your superior from day to night isn't gonna make you alpha. It's gonna make you a puppet that is used to take order and get thing done properly according to it. The problem from this training is that you'll get use to obey and never think about the order's honesty/consequences.
But I never done it so I don't really know but I know people who have done that kind of training.
I cant say anything about AM, but i was in the Navy for a period of time. I have to say it was one of the worst self destructive periods of my life. Having to shower in boot camp with 30 other females was downright humiliating and really added to my insecurities. When you add in being sleep deprived and woken up in the middle of the night to iron your underwear it really sucks. All in all it broke me down completely from who i was before hand. I cannot even begin to describe the amount of fears it put in me. After boot camp it got a little better while i was in school. When i hit deployment things rapidly went downhill. Within less than 5 months i was suicidal and ready to jump off of an aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean. Then you have the wonderful fact that i reported someone for not doing things right and then had life made miserable thereafter. I am finally working through alot of the bad side effects using the EPRHA sub. All in all if you want my opinion, the military is a good way to mess you up for a very long time. Some people are lucky and make it without issues, but if you arent one of the lucky ones you get royally screwed. FYI if you happen to get out before the two year mark, you can say goodbye to all the veterans benifits. I got out after a year and 5 months, and cant even get anything. Not to mention the fact they took my enlistment bonus back too. I really had wished i took my friends advice years ago and never joined. I wouldn't recommend the military to my worst enemy.