Subliminal Talk

Full Version: The Skeptic's Journal - Absolute Self Confidence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So today on a forum whose topic I cannot discuss here someone joined and posted their first post ever and they were plugging the products offered here. Three in particular. Absolute Self Confidence being one of them. Another she was plugging was Alpha Female, and the last... we won't go there.

Other than to say that my skepticometer went crazy at the claims, especially of the final product.

I'm one of those skeptics of the kind who rather than immediately tossing out anything they find themselves skeptical about, we have to prove it wrong.

I'm not going to jump directly into either of the women's interest products mainly because of my skepticism, but also because I am just that broke.

However, since Absolute Self Confidence is offered for free as a "prove it to yourself" product, I've decided to give it a try and either prove it wrong - which is what I'm expecting to do, or prove it true - which is what I'm hoping to do.

I just downloaded it and the speaker test earlier today, my speakers pass muster and my ears were temporarily deafened by those stupid high pitches... Sometimes I wonder why I even bother buying nice 18-25 speakers... those upper AND lower ranges absolutely kills my ears...

So, anywho, I'll begin the experiment tonight. I'll start listening to the program as I sleep each night. My hypothesis: this is all just some quack stuff and I won't get any more confident.

Just to make things clear, I probably come off pretty confident already... but I have to be honest with you and say that my online persona and my RL persona couldn't be more polar opposite. I'm a wallflower in life. No joke. I don't know why I've always been able to be more assertive online, but I am...

Let's just see what happens, nay?
Open your mind my friend.
Well I've decided to start using it right away. I can't say anything about the intended effects, but there is a definite pressure in my head and mild nausea. Surprisingly, even though I did hear the test sound into like the 25th second, I do not hear anything from the supersonic track.

I am listening to regular music on top of it... Turning that into my own more personalized masking. I think I'll just leave it running constantly and when I'm exposed, I'm exposed.
Hello, AbiDrew, and welcome aboard. Smile

I am glad to entertain skeptics as well as everyone else, which is why we have free full version products and a public forum that is virtually unmoderated. However, I'd like to make some suggestions.

First, strong expectations are a good way to achieve a placebo effect in whatever direction the expectations are. If you want a real test, let go of expectations and allow yourself to simply "be". The program will work or not, either way, no? So to be more scientific in your approach, put aside preconceived notions in either direction, and simply observe from a neutral point of "I don't know yet, let's see what happens."

Second, make sure you get as much exposure as you can. Pressure in the head may be your brain not yet being used to the sudden demand for all the oxygen and glucose required to process the incoming information. A bit of nausea is generally caused by having the volume too high on the ultrasonic. Did you calibrate for volume? That's done by setting the volume to a comfortable level with the trickling stream track, and then adjusting it so you can hear the lowest volume areas on the ocean surf track at least faintly. Then play the ultrasonic. If headaches or nausea persist, drop the volume a notch at a time once per hour until it's no longer bothering you.

I also suggest you keep as detailed a journal here as you can. The ASC program has a naturalizer which makes changes very comfortable, but it also seeks to make you aware of the changes you're undergoing. Sometimes, a journal can help you see the difference.

Last but not least, I suggest you run your little experiment for 90 days.

I look forward to observing your results. If you have any questions, or need help, just ask.
The nausea is already gone. I often experience nausea and pressure in my head as a reaction to both extremely high or extremely low octaves. So that was actually what I was attributing it to. I know in your information you claim that feeling pressure in your head is normal for 5G. I guess we'll see.

Also, I was slightly hungry when I started it. In my experience, IFFFF you're right, that extra energy expenditure on an empty tummy can lead to nausea as well. I just got back from eating dinner with the family now.

I always approach things with a willingness to be proven wrong. I may not expect it, but I often hope it, and am in this case hoping I am wrong. Is that good enough?

As for exposure... It's playing on my bedroom speakers, and if I'm not at school, spending time with my family, or running some other errands, that's where I am.

The journal and 90 days of use were already my intentions.

I am giving this as fair a trial as I am able. I cannot help being a skeptic. That's just part of who I am.
I don't mind your skepticism at all. lol In fact it's refreshing to have a skeptic around once in a while. I'm skeptical too. Before I started this business, I had to prove to myself that ultrasonic subliminals actually worked... because I don't like the idea of putting my name on something that doesn't and then asking people to pay for it. That's also why we take down titles that don't produce desired results, and why I keep doing research and development to improve the programs. That's part of what the purpose of this forum is: feedback for me to be able to improve stuff. 4G and 5G would never have happened without it.
Oh, and I did do the calibrating as described in the FAQ. But as the nausea is gone already it was definitely attributable to some other cause rather than too loud a volume. I am running the program in VLC, a player I've never bothered deleting even though I no longer use it for anything... This allows me to attenuate it's volume independently of other things I listen to or watch on my computer, as well as preventing me from interrupting the program to listen to or watch anything else.

I presently use foobar2000 for music and DAUM for video. So now VLC is my dedicated subliminal player.

Hm... and now the pressure DOES seem to be lightening. I am on a few adaptogens as part of the other program, I wonder if they're easing the pressure more quickly. I thought the pressure was supposed to stay around a lot longer?
It depends on the circumstances. Most people experience pressure for between an hour or two, and a few days or so. Some people, like me, only experience intense brain drain and a sudden intense desire to sleep, instead of pressure. Others experience various sensations in their body instead.
Interesting. Welcome to the forum.

I was similar when I first heard about it until I read alot of the journals and had to try it myself and I was pleasantly surprised. So i'm confident you won't be a skeptic for long.

Enjoy the audios. Smile

-Ben
Sorry for the lack of updates, I came down with a cold around the same time that I began this, which was interfering with my ability to remain alert during school hours much less afterwards.

Because of said cold I can not be certain that any physical effects I previously reported were from the subs or just the cold. I am still not completely over the cold.

I'm not sure if it's necessarily a result of the subliminals or if I'm just opening up to my cosmetology class more quickly due to their apparent total acceptance of me, but I have been becoming much more quickly able to speak my mind and less hesitant to open up to my fellow students and the instructors at the beauty school I am attending than I have EVER been in the past. I'm being as open with them as I am with people I've known my entire life and as I am online.

I'm also not fretting about my body image issues to near the same degree as I had been prior to beginning these subliminals.

I still continue to doubt myself and beat myself up about things I cannot really control just as much as ever, however.

I will continue listening to the subliminals for the full recommended 90 days and I'll try to report anything unusual for me with as great of regularity as possible.

I do need to make an admission, I am pulling a naughty girl. I'm also listening to ESE at the same time. I know I'm not SUPPOSED to mix any other subs with ESC, but... Well, they're kinda very similar in purpose, but targetting slightly different points of the same set of issues. I think they're compatible enough not to really compete, and their coexistence may even prove to be cooperative.

I need to thank Shannon et al for deciding to allow "$0" for the name your own price special on the ESE promotion... I am currently a very very broke student with no means to pay for anything, and this little experiment is hardly anything I'd warrant spending what little I have at this time on. And that last sentence is so awkward, but I can't for the life of me think of a better way of phrasing it.

I'm still not entirely convinced of his programs, but I am giving them a fair go. At least as fair as I am able.
(09-21-2012, 08:16 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote: [ -> ]I do need to make an admission, I am pulling a naughty girl. I'm also listening to ESE at the same time. I know I'm not SUPPOSED to mix any other subs with ESC, but... Well, they're kinda very similar in purpose, but targetting slightly different points of the same set of issues. I think they're compatible enough not to really compete, and their coexistence may even prove to be cooperative.

Are you using the ASC 4G or ASC 5G?

If you use the 4G version it is ok to mix, but if you are using the 5G, then don't mix it with anything else.

The latest ASC with 5G technology + HST/SOS is many times more powerful than the 4G version, and it will occupy your entire processing capabilities, and if you mix it with anything else it will be counter productive, you will have a hard time assimilating and integrating the programming into your subconscious mind..

Follow Shannon's instructions and get the result you want, rather than breaking the rules and wasting your own time...

Check out this two threads:

1. http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-5G-Sub...structions

2. http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-What-is-HST-and-SOS

EDIT:

Ok, I just read above posts, and you seem to be using the 5G version, definitely don't mix it with ESE..
AbiDrew, you've got to understand that 5G is so powerful that it will suffer degradation if you use it with something else, and so will the other program. PLEASE - especially if you really want to test these programs properly - don't use ASC in 5G with anything else. ESE can wait.
I've removed it...
What's ESE?
Pages: 1 2 3 4