Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Windows 8 Prediction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Epic Fail.
Yep, I looked at some videos and pictures of it a few weeks ago.

And it is basically a massive steaming terd.

I like my computer to be like a computer, not like a ipad. The tablet layout is retarded. I will not be using it and will stick to Windows 7 as long as I possibly can and hope that everything will still run for a long time still.

The videos I watched of people using it and the features they have also taken out that make it less user friendly really put the nail in the coffin for windows 8.
Have you noticed that every other release of Windows is a failure? I think they do that on purpose because they take so long getting a release ready that every other release is actually an alpha or beta release of the next version. So we're really looking at Windows 4.0 Beta, not Windows 8.

Here's hoping they crash and burn hardcore. I would love to have people start leaving Windows for serious. I don't even care where they move to...
I'm not sure about the other releases of windows Shannon, I mean they haven't been too bad compared to what windows 8 looks like. I hope i'm not forced to upgrade.

Quote:I have used preview version of window's 8. its very good and and more user friendly, there are many upgrades like file of program will open on just a single click. I am waiting eagerly to know what wonderful things have the new version in store for us.

Unfortunately from the videos I disagree and it looks less user friendly, especially to people used to using a pc and how windows is and them trying to made it like an ipad.
Remember Vista....
I had to do customer support for a big PC retailer and Vista didn't get good till 7 came out.
And you should be able to turn off that interface so desktop useres can use as they are used to
I never used vista so I can't comment, I stayed with xp for a long time. And now that I think of it you guys have a point.

I installed windows 7 early on and just didn't like it, some of it may have been my computer but I had some weird stuttering and it's not until now with my new pc that i've been using it for a year or so and now I wouldn't go back.

But since it was later on in the piece it had obviously been fixed and updated alot.

But looking at windows 8 I don't have much hope just because of the core presentation.
Amusingly, when Windows 7 came out, we Linux users were astonished how similar it looked and worked to... Linux and KDE. Especially PCLinuxOS.

I have Windows 7 on this laptop, but I use it so rarely that I might as well not even have it. In fact when the replacement hard disk arrives, I will be installing Linux only on it. There's nothing I need it for anymore. My language learning software works on Linux... my games work on Linux... and the only thing that didn't work last I checked, was the audio editor I use to build these programs. For that and that alone, I have a Windows installation in a Virtual Machine. I wonder if it would work under WINE now... I'll have to check. It would be so nice if I could ditch Windows altogether.
I haven't seen anything about it...but as far as I know, it will release with numerous problems/bugs/technical problems, people's computers will explode. 3 years later they will come out with an updated version either a new SP or an entirely new Windows 9. If not, Windows 9 will be put on the back-burner as a solution to all the problems Windows 8 has. Rinse and repeat with Windows 9.