Subliminal Talk

Full Version: meditation and subliminals !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i think sub should be much more effective if we listen it as meditation music????
(09-03-2012, 07:44 PM)the.dude Wrote: [ -> ]i think sub should be much more effective if we listen it as meditation music????

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question. In response to what I think I understand...

Subliminals are designed to bypass the conscious mind entirely. There are two theories as to what this means. Theory one says it means that what brainwave state you are in while listening (awake, relaxed, meditating, asleep) has very little impact on the effectiveness of the subliminals, except perhaps in the deepest levels of sleep (Delta), where the brain appears to be too shut down to accept much input from the body.

The other theory says that the closer you are to stripping off the conscious interaction with the awareness of the individual, the better the programs should work. I.e., deep meditation (Theta) states should work better than light meditation states (Alpha), which should work better than awake states (Beta).

I have seen little evidence to support the second group, outside of cases where the conscious is actually part of a resistance profile to whatever is being subliminally inputted. In most cases, as far as I can tell, subliminals work equally well awake or asleep, because they bypass the conscious mind in both cases.

Therefore, it would not make them wok better or less well to listen to meditation music.
But what about jazz? Everything is better with jazz. Big Grin
I thought everything was better with pirates?

There is only one solution: Jazz Pirates

lol Okay, I guess that's a workable solution. Smile
This thread has got... unusual..

Tongue
The train went off the track, into the woods, through a river and off a cliff. Smile
Hi guys, I have been a long visitor of the forum and I am very happy to make my first post Big Grin.

Shannon, I read a post sometime back in which you said that alpha male shouldn't be used with zen attitude. Is it fine to do meditation or practise mindfulness while listening to AM?
I tried to find that post to read the explanation but couldn't. If you can, please point me to that post, that would be great!!
Hi, Ace, and welcome aboard!

Develop A Zen Attitude should not be used with AM because they have opposing goals. DAZA is designed to chill you out, make you relaxed and tranquil, and make you mindful and think and respond in a Zen way. AM is designed to force you to face the things that will force you to stop "taking shit" from other people/life/your own complacency and become dissatisfied enough to stand up, get out of the rut, and be a self sufficient, self validating and self supporting man.

AM relies on essentially forcing you to see what is not right for you so that your own dissatisfaction forces you to do something about it and grow. DAZA would more chill you out and make you just not care instead. One is very Yang and focused on self change, and one is very Yin and accepting. The two do not work together.

I recommend that you reserve DAZA for after having used AM or AF a time or two.
Thanks Shannon!
Ok then, I will reserve DAZA for after having used AM a time or two.
But please answer the other question too, "Is it fine to do meditation or practise mindfulness while listening to AM?"
As long as they don't disrupt the motivational methods of AM... sure.
Thanks again Shannon.
Wouldn't AM be contrary to DAZA? I mean once u have those beliefs that AM might have then having complete opposite set of beliefs of DAZA

So being alpha doesn't contradict with being like a zen master?