Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Would using earplugs make a difference?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will using earplugs make a difference to the effectiveness of the subs?

The reason I ask is that I like playing the subs while asleep but I live right near a noisy street, so I put earplugs in to muffle the noise a little, but I have the speaker loud enough that I can hear the tracks clearly even with the earplugs in.

Thanks
J
Interesting, never come across that before.

The best thing to do is first test it with ocean wave or stream and if you can hear that okay with your earplugs in the use the silent at the same volume.
(07-10-2012, 07:44 PM)benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, never come across that before.

The best thing to do is first test it with ocean wave or stream and if you can hear that okay with your earplugs in the use the silent at the same volume.

Yes I use the Ocean and Stream ones and can hear it very clearly even with the earplugs in.

rumba

Hello everyone!

I would like to make this thread active again, because for me it has not become totally clear.

What's the decibel reduction for high frequencies like 20,000 hz? I only found some graphs that are cut at the 8,000 mark and there is no trend observable such as increase or decrease. I am asking because I can clealy hear the masked suliminals with earplugs and slightly increased volume, but in order to hear the high ultrasonic pitch (which i hear without earplugs), I have to increase volume a lot. And that's where I am becoming cautious, since I don't want to harm my hearing ability. Has anybody experimented or researched on this?

Thanks!