Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Problems with Paypal - Subscription payment has failed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I received this email regarding my DMSI subscription that is due to renew. And it's frustrating because I have enough money in my bank account. Why did it fail?
Do I need to have a balance already in my Paypal account? I only use Paypal for IML payments, nothing else.
When I first bought the subscription, it got connected with Paypal and I was able to insert the amount from my card.
I'm not able to add money to my paypal account.
What now?
Nevermind that Paypal is a buggy service to use,  have to go through 2 factor authentification, and it will always send the SMS code to my old number, even though I already set my new number as default.
And of course I lost access to my subscription today and will miss at least a day.
Can you guys help?
@Benjamin @Shannon
Quote:Subscription payment has failed
Subscription #2348

Payment for your subscription couldn't be processed. Please check your payment method and update the payment details if necessary. The payment will be automatically retried tomorrow.

Quote:Unfortunately, we have had to temporarily deactivate instant top-ups with PayPal in your country. Please use alternative options available in your country to add funds to your PayPal account.
Hey sorry to hear you're having issues. Ben and Shannon will sort out how to best help you when they're online. In the meantime,

I recommend first playing around in Paypal settings or contact customer support about why you're not able to add funds, and have them fix your number.
You can also try to cancel your subscription and re-order.

A couple notes:
-- You don't need to have a paypal balance for a payment to go through. Paypal, by default, will take from the connected bank account or debit card on file (assuming the connected account has funds)
-- You mentioned you're not able to add money to your paypal account? This makes me think Paypal wasnt able to take money from your connected bank to complete the transaction
-- The SMS issue (sending to your old number even though you updated it) indicates a mismatch issue with Paypal, and also a security risk since someone else is getting your 2fa code
Thanks for answering. To add funds, I have to use the Trusty service, and it’s apparently not available in my country.
The payment to IML went through the first time, but apparently renewal doesn’t work.
The old phone number is still mine, I have the SIM card.
Yeah, cancel and re-order will probably work
After thinking about it a bit the way you're describing it is confusing.

You don't need to add money to your account, it simply takes it from your bank/card, not adding it to the account first then purchasing something.. and then it's even more confusing you say you have to use another service to add money to your account when it just is meant to take from your bank or card directly.

Also i've never had to use 2 factor authentication, that isn't something that is forced.. so you must have turned it on at some stage.

If you're not able to add money to your account or use your card at all then it sounds like an issue from paypals side so as Steve said you'd have to contact them.