Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Forum login issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why I need to login every time I visited the forum. Authhentication timeout is very short I guess. Could you update it
Not only that, but the "remember me" functionality is missing.
(12-14-2022, 11:48 PM)Bignoise Wrote: [ -> ]Not only that, but the "remember me" functionality is missing.

So it also logs you out every time?

Strange because i've never had an issue with this on my pc or phone, and it still stays logged in.

What devices are you guys using and have you tried a different device or browser and does that do the same thing?
(12-15-2022, 12:48 AM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2022, 11:48 PM)Bignoise Wrote: [ -> ]Not only that, but the "remember me" functionality is missing.

So it also logs you out every time?

Strange because i've never had an issue with this on my pc or phone, and it still stays logged in.

What devices are you guys using and have you tried a different device or browser and does that do the same thing?

Yes.
It happens to me in both Firefox Windows and Safari IOS. The "remember me" checkbox is not even visible in the login dialog. So either "remember me" should be active by default or is missing.
Either way, I have to log in a couple of times if I spend like 10 minutes browsing the forum. Check the cookie settings and the session timeout, it seems it's too short.
Tech BS:
I've had 2 working copies of both themes: a production (live) set of light/dark mode, and a development set. Over the past couple weeks I've been making many changes to both sets. When i'm comfortable with the changes to the development theme, I push those changes to live and force all users to adopt the new live theme. That's also the reason many of you have had to switch back to dark mode - essentially light mode is the default.
I changed the cookie path about 2 weeks ago. I changed the cookie path name, cleared the forum cache, changed the cookie path name back to how it was, then dumped the cache again. MyBB was holding onto the old dev theme for some reason and that was the suggestion for fixing that.

TLDR:
Anyways, tech BS aside, you guys shouldn't (theoretically) have any issues right now with logging in/ being kicked out. When was the last time you guys had to log back in?
Well now it's happening to me every time, after years of it not being an issue. All it takes is for me to close my browser for it to log out.

And on chrome the page is messed up and clicking on login gives an error "this page isn't working".