Subliminal Talk

Full Version: DMSI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I haven't been to this forum in quite some time. I wonder is DMSI still being worked on? I think the last version i listened to is the 3.3.2 version.
The next version will be out at some stage, Shannon has been gradually working on it. Though there's a few things he has to figure out for the next version that need to be adjusted a bit.

I can't really say when it would be out, but it's still in the pipeline at this stage. Currently Shannon is building one UMS V2 stage a month, I think he's working on Stage 3 at the moment, and one other program for the month usually, E5 just come out maybe a week ago. So i'm not totally sure where DMSI is on the list.

Something like OF V3 may be good in the between time, as the less fear you have the better DMSI will work. Though keep in mind it requires atleast 6 months of usage.
Can we get an update how far 3.4 is like are we at 10% 50% 90%?

I know the answer is: It will be released when it's ready.

05-23-2020 "The next version will be in the not too distant future, but I have to finish FRM 4.9 first. That's being worked on. No hard and fast date, but it's in queue and not far off."

See your definition of not too distant in the future seems vastly different from mine. It has been more than a year, I guess it is what it is.
(08-07-2021, 09:30 AM)Mr Confidence Wrote: [ -> ]Can we get an update how far 3.4 is like are  we at 10% 50% 90%?

I know the answer is: It will be released when it's ready.

well if you already know the answer, why you still asking?

Release time estimates may not be accurate, because of all other unexcepted things which you don't even know.
There's a lot of interest in DMSI-Next, and a lot of frustration because it hasn't been built. I understand that, and I offer my apologies. But there have been good reasons why I have stopped working on it each time I have.

Once UMSv2 Stage 3 is published, I will be assessing what to work on building for the rest of the month. It will come down to what best fits the time frame, which means DMSI probably isn't it just yet. It will probably take a month or more to complete by itself.

Next month I have to build Stage 4 of UMSv2, which will leave me only half a month again, and that means it won't be next month either. But after that it's a good bet. And since I won't be doing multi-stage subs after UMSv2, for a long time if at all, this problem won't happen again.

But... even this estimate may be seriously in error, because in the near future some variables are going to change significantly. I don't know exactly when, and I don't know exactly how they will impact me, but it is possible that I won't need to work under some of the restrictions I have now if things go well. So who knows.

But for the time being, I have to finish UMSv2 and I have to publish at least one new title each month on top of that to keep things going, which means DMSI 3.4 will probably wait until Oct/Nov.

As to how far along it is, that isn't something I can gauge without knowing what all it needs to be finished yet. There are some things (the outward facing FRM) that I need to focus into to know specifically how long that step will take. I don't think it will be terribly long the way I have it planned, but we cannot know until we work on it.